Texas Fishing Forum

"It was tough"

Posted By: RangerBass21

"It was tough" - 07/27/15 07:43 PM

Why do people say it was tough when you didn't catch anything or caught a couple?? You never hear it was tough but I caught a bunch. Only when someone doesn't catch anything or catches a dink, that's when the it was tough phrase comes out hmmm
Posted By: 04champ

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 08:15 PM

if you caught a bunch, I guess it wasn't that tough
Posted By: catslayer

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 08:26 PM

???? really??? what are you drinking??

did u send the text "I just invented cheese-less grilled cheese!" Congrats b@ss hole you "invented" TOAST lol

And I've had a tough day when I caught a bunch... in a tourney, caught a BUNCH of dinks, like 50+ and 1 keeper, tough tourney day.... fun day fishing though lol

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 08:43 PM

I did invent the grilled cheese though

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 09:00 PM

I don't consider catching dinks to be "catching"

its as good as not catching anything
Posted By: 96speed

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ

What this guy said. Catching a bunch of dinks is as good as getting skunked.

Also, "KVD Keepers" AKA <16" fish don't count. Just my (unpopular) opinion. I realize how slots work, but there is nothing impressive about targetting 15.99" fish to me.

Originally Posted By: catslayer
???? really??? what are you drinking??

did u send the text "I just invented cheese-less grilled cheese!" Congrats b@ss hole you "invented" TOAST lol

LOL.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 09:13 PM

wtf kind of question is that? A dictionary can answer it fairly easily.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 10:00 PM

Is this what fishing has come to? There are people in this world who barely manage to scrounge enough to eat, who are battling health issues, who are over in the Middle East fighting for our right to live in this country wishing they could be back in the states "catching dinks". Makes me sick to see posts like this.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: "It was tough" - 07/27/15 10:57 PM

I love catching any bass, even those dinks. If that gets old, I will probably quit fishing.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 02:04 AM

Dinks pass the time, I'd rather be catching dinks than "practicing my casting", catching nothing.
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 02:10 AM

When I quit enjoying getting the "bump" regardless of the size fish, I need to quit. I guess it's a matter of perspective on what fishing is to you. Getting outdoors and enjoying time with nature, birds, wildlife, and catching some small fish is ok by me. But I make it more fun by using light tackle and small lures.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 03:06 AM

^^ this ^^

If you're not having fun even when getting skunked, then you're doing it all wrong hmmm
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: deuce41
^^ this ^^

If you're not having fun even when getting skunked, then you're doing it all wrong hmmm

Amen!!
Posted By: txfsh

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: tarbaby
Originally Posted By: deuce41
^^ this ^^

Amen!!

X2 I don't understand why people complain about the size of fish as long as your catching something. Seems like when they get skunked they want to catch dinks, if they catch dinks they want keepers, if they catch keepers they want DD's. Its all about being there and having fun.

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 02:33 PM

never said it wasn't fun, but if all I caught was dinks I'm gonna say it was a tough day

a couple good fish, the bite was ok

a bunch of good fish, we caught a bunch

I enjoy my time on the water regardless
Posted By: 96speed

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 02:42 PM

Let's use a golf analogy:

Fishing for big fish is like playing from the back tees. Catching a bunch of dinks is like shooting par from the ladies tees.

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 03:02 PM

I think Yall need to re read the question, nothing in that question was about catching dinks is no fun or waste of time, I just simply asked why does the excuse of "it was tough" come out when the fail of catching something happens, you only hear it when someone doesn't catch anything.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: "It was tough" - 07/28/15 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: criglizard
I love catching any bass, even those dinks. If that gets old, I will probably quit fishing.
Yep. Even after days where you catch swimmers all day just didn't get the better bite I am not as tired. I go a while without getting bit, I'm probably going to miss the good fish that bites from not paying attention.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: "It was tough" - 07/29/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: 96speed
Let's use a golf analogy:

Fishing for big fish is like playing from the back tees. Catching a bunch of dinks is like shooting par from the ladies tees.

If I could shoot par from the ladies tees, that would be a darn good day for me and for most golfers I know.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: "It was tough" - 07/29/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
I think Yall need to re read the question, nothing in that question was about catching dinks is no fun or waste of time, I just simply asked why does the excuse of "it was tough" come out when the fail of catching something happens, you only hear it when someone doesn't catch anything.

Have you ever said "it was easy" after not catching anything?
Posted By: formula462

Re: "It was tough" - 07/29/15 03:47 AM

Ive had some very easy days of not catching
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: "It was tough" - 07/29/15 05:11 AM

I have had a lot of tough days where I caught them good. Often just meanso I had to work a bit harder than expected. Often conditions, season, recent success has your expectations higher and you end up having to work to catch them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum