Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing

Posted By: Chuck N. Wind

Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/27/15 04:47 PM

I'm headed to Lake Murray in Oklahoma next week. Hoping to get the family on some bass, both largemouth and/or smallmouth. How's the fishing? Any tips or pointers (baits, colors, areas) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Posted By: ShaneM

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/27/15 06:17 PM

Very clear water, 6-7 ft visibility. Lots of main lake points with deep water.
Posted By: Clint W.

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/27/15 06:19 PM

Small Mouths are everywhere there. rig with finesse as previous post states, very clear water.

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/28/15 04:37 PM

Great, thanks for the info. Anyone else? I need all the help I can get. smile
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/28/15 05:42 PM

Let us know how you do when you get back
Posted By: Skeeter_Man1

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/28/15 05:44 PM

Get out on the long points and fish 10-20 feet and they will be there.
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/28/15 06:38 PM

Smoke colored 3" senkos on a drop shot always do the trick for me. PB and J finesse jigs work great too. Have a bone colored Yellow Magic tied on early. I usually fish around the Tucker Tower area and the creeks near it. The creek with the boat mooring out in the middle has a good ledge just past the mooring. Also the dam usually has lots of hydrilla and decent/good sized largemouth and smallmouth. There's a tffer named Mike Souza that lives near the lake that offered to help me the next time I head up there. Might shoot him a pm. I plan on taking him up on his offer as soon as I can get out of the metromess for a few days. Good luck. It's a beautiful lake, full of fish.
Posted By: RP3

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/28/15 07:26 PM

I have always caught smallies on chrome colored baby -1 crankbaits on the points in the mornings and then used hulla grubs in green pumpkin on stand up jig heads after it warms up. It is a fun lake to fish!

Good luck

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/31/15 12:22 AM

Great info here, and it is much appreciated. I'll be sure to update how it goes.
Posted By: Shingles

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/31/15 01:03 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 07/31/15 05:31 AM

Run the main lake points! Throw top water early, then move out to 15-30 ft. Lots of deep structure, watch your graph, then drop your bait down once you see it. The farther south you go, the clearer the water. A drop shot, shakeyhead, c-rigged fluke and a finesse jig will catch a lot of smallies in the clear water. Go North if you like to flip reeds and throw a frog in dirty water.
Haven't been out on the water in a month. After looking at last weekends tournament results, it looks like it was tough for most.
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 08/01/15 06:27 PM

Fished this morning with my dad, caught 10 smallies, 1 sandbass, and some big rock bass. Most of smallies were 11-14 inches. It was a blast, PM me for more details. You should catch some

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 08/03/15 02:31 AM

Sweet!!! Are there any good local tackle shops to check out?
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Lake Murray Oklahoma Fishing - 08/03/15 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck N. Wind
Sweet!!! Are there any good local tackle shops to check out?

None! Walmart in Ardmore has some stuff, but you're going to want to bring the tackle you need with you.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum