Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine

Posted By: East Texas Diver

Lake Palestine - 07/26/15 02:48 PM

How was the fishing on Lake Palestine this weekend?
Posted By: Neches

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/26/15 08:43 PM

Results of an Open Tourney!!!!
TJ W. & Robby won 1st with 14.15
Mays & Kenny S. won 2nd with 11.15
Matt H. & Tom H. Won Big Bass with 6.7
Total Teams = 21
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/26/15 10:35 PM

Id say pretty tough.
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 12:14 AM

there was actually a roughly 18 lb limit caught but the angler had lost 3 fish and since it was not posted on the forum and no rule sheet was handed out he was unaware they didnt allow you to weigh dead fish, as most tournaments simply enforce a penalty seeing as it is illegal to cull dead fish. he had caught plenty of other fish to cull with just didnt want to release dead fish. too bad some rule clarity cost him a pretty dominant victory and good chunk of money.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Billy_Lawson
there was actually a roughly 18 lb limit caught but the angler had lost 3 fish and since it was not posted on the forum and no rule sheet was handed out he was unaware they didnt allow you to weigh dead fish, as most tournaments simply enforce a penalty seeing as it is illegal to cull dead fish. he had caught plenty of other fish to cull with just didnt want to release dead fish. too bad some rule clarity cost him a pretty dominant victory and good chunk of money.

HUH?
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:18 AM

^^Exactly^^

Huh?
Posted By: **TheLoneRanger**

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:28 AM

Yea I hated that for that guy..... If I was him I would do some engineering on that live well.... That's a huge downfall about aluminum boats...
Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: deuce41
^^Exactly^^

Huh?
he basically was unaware there was a "no dead fish" rule. Instead of a "penalty for each dead fish"
Posted By: breauxmule

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 02:01 PM

Dang 3 fish, that's tough
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:24 PM

So there was a no dead fish rule instead of a penalty? And there was no rule against a culling dead fish? That makes zero sense
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
So there was a no dead fish rule instead of a penalty? And there was no rule against a culling dead fish? That makes zero sense

Yeah, I'm a little confused by that..
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 03:59 PM

Yeah not a smart policy imo, as you're basically encouraging participants to break state law by not weighing dead fish.
Posted By: bigcat85

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 04:35 PM

i fished it and when i signed up was told no dead fish can be weighed or culled. several people signed up when i did and they were told also. i heard it several times(only rule there was). when only one person does not know that tells ya something. basically if one dies you can only weigh 4 and so on(awesome rule in my opinion)makes fish care a huge priority! thank you to the people that put this on it was a great turnout and very fun to fish.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Lake Palestine - 07/27/15 04:56 PM

The only downfall being if you gut hook a fish, sometimes it happens and you cant always save the fish even if you cut off the line and leave it in. .5lb penalty is enough to make me do all I can to keep fish alive, stuff happens sometimes. Just need to make sure of all rules before fishing a tournament, just unlucky for the guy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum