Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:56 AM

never tried that in my bug
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 02:04 AM

cool video
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 02:15 AM

I've done it, but it dang sure wasn't on purpose!
Posted By: red skeeter zx200

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 03:42 AM

What's the link on that video. That's awesome looks like it was taking at lake Amistad .
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 05:30 AM

Can you imagine being the first guy to try that? Kinda like a "here hold me beer" moment. Pretty cool!!
Posted By: FLIPPINaFX

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 05:45 AM

I dunno if beer would be quite stout enough for me to try that in my fx... But then again, if I was getting paid to sport the Bug, set the jump up and call me evil kneivel. Don't know how the other companies stay afloat with skeeter in the game!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 11:11 AM

Cool video!
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:02 PM

Me neither. Not sure I want to. At least on purpose.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:15 PM

Did this at the SOT tournament in 2014. I was very impressed.........
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:15 PM

Wow someone at Skeeter still chasing that old Champion demo video, Pat Goff aught to get a kick out of this.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:55 PM

Enjoyed the video. Good times. thumb
Posted By: Debra Hengst

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: red skeeter zx200
What's the link on that video. That's awesome looks like it was taking at lake Amistad .

Yes it was filmed on Amistad....

Debra smile
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: FLIPPINaFX
Don't know how the other companies stay afloat with skeeter in the game!

LOL...
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 03:56 PM

Bigger questions is how many stress cracks were caused during the filming of this video?
Posted By: Lowly Net Boy

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: FMJshooter
Wow someone at Skeeter still chasing that old Champion demo video, Pat Goff aught to get a kick out of this.

Ain't that the truth, I'm not gonna get in no pissing match about boats but let me splane something to you guys
That's called a breech turn, it was to be used in emergency purposes only, from running WOT to a dead stop in about a boat length if I remember right, it is violent,dangerous,it will tear stuff up,with a good chance of severe boat damage,not for the timid or weak of heart, and you can not just throw, but plumass eject people and equipment out of the boat. I have done it in my 2005 206, and hope to god I never have to do that again.
And yes Skeeter is still chasing that video,want proof?

Here u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rey2Ygj4-DY, by the way this was 30 yrs ago, at about 8mins it happens

Pat I do wish you would see this, and preach the gospel
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 09:19 PM

Ba-donka-dong........
Posted By: N-M-W

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Yeaitsme
Originally Posted By: FMJshooter

Ain't that the truth, I'm not gonna get in no pissing match about boats but let me splane something to you guys
That's called a breech turn, it was to be used in emergency purposes only, from running WOT to a dead stop in about a boat length if I remember right, it is violent,dangerous,it will tear stuff up,with a good chance of severe boat damage,not for the timid or weak of heart, and you can not just throw, but plumass eject people and equipment out of the boat. I have done it in my 2005 206, and hope to god I never have to do that again.
And yes Skeeter is still chasing that video,want proof?

Here u go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rey2Ygj4-DY, by the way this was 30 yrs ago, at about 8mins it happens

Pat I do wish you would see this, and preach the gospel

Yea, no reason to start a pizzin match.

However, can Skeeter be chasing Champion if Champion is no longer around?
You know, kinda like, if a tree falls in the forest.....
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 09:44 PM

The Champion is demonstrating the breech turn. The Skeeter is doing a spin out.

One tracks through the turn, the other slides.

Posted By: Bassin Fever

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/26/15 11:44 PM

I've done a ninty turn at fifty in mine but even at that speed it puts your pucker string in a suction to the seat. Your right about equipment take all rods off the deck n turn your cap around. I was told to only do it when you have to such as a water skier popping up in front of you.
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/27/15 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Bassin Fever
I've done a ninty turn at fifty in mine but even at that speed it puts your pucker string in a suction to the seat. Your right about equipment take all rods off the deck n turn your cap around. I was told to only do it when you have to such as a water skier popping up in front of you.

Ha pucker string in a suction to the seat....... That's classic
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/27/15 02:17 PM

I dont understand how that is a selling point. It demonstrates the back end can kick out on u in a turn, like in a bow hook event. Champs were different. I have done the full turn in a champ several times. Now it is cool, and id imagine very stressful on the hull. Im guessing other boat can do this too.
Posted By: crowsie14

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/27/15 06:36 PM

thumb Pretty cool
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 11:17 AM

If you have the opportunity to take this ride do it. Normally done during the Permian S.I.T.. The pucker factor is definitely in play. Also have the chance to win $$ with a drawing after the tournament. They are personally owned boats trying to sell. They do end up selling them by the end of that week. It's an awesome ride.
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 06:03 PM

While we're in this urination match I think it's worth saying that the Champ in the old video might have been running maybe 55 verses 80 plus in the Sheeter, not sure about 90 plus. Ive taken the demo ride and even though I have a Skeeter I was impressed and must say I have no plans of trying it since my butt ate the seat.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 09:39 PM

Those champion demo boats were modified, super light hulls and tricked out motors, wonder if the skeeter is the same?
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish hunter 59
While we're in this urination match I think it's worth saying that the Champ in the old video might have been running maybe 55 verses 80 plus in the Sheeter, not sure about 90 plus. Ive taken the demo ride and even though I have a Skeeter I was impressed and must say I have no plans of trying it since my butt ate the seat.

I doubt they were running 80+, I dint know they could run that fast.
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 10:07 PM

I believe out the box they are tested to 75mph-ish? I'm sure with minimal load and fuel, an expert pilot, and a properly dialed in rig, 80+mph would be no problem, closing in on 90 might be a stretch... but regardless, all it says is they are doing 98mph in the helicopter, which is obviously closing in on the boat, I'd wager in the realm of 15-20mph, which only puts boat at 78-83mph? Spot on for everything I'd discern based on my limited knowledge of the situation. Why anyone assumes they are making false claims is beyond me... use better deductive reasoning and logic fellas! dunce
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Mulholland
I believe out the box they are tested to 75mph-ish? I'm sure with minimal load and fuel, an expert pilot, and a properly dialed in rig, 80+mph would be no problem, closing in on 90 might be a stretch... but regardless, all it says is they are doing 98mph in the helicopter, which is obviously closing in on the boat, I'd wager in the realm of 15-20mph, which only puts boat at 78-83mph? Spot on for everything I'd discern based on my limited knowledge of the situation. Why anyone assumes they are making false claims is beyond me... use better deductive reasoning and logic fellas! dunce

Yep, I forgot all about the empty storage compartments, two gallons of gas and one battery.

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: 21xs Elite
Originally Posted By: Fish hunter 59

I doubt they were running 80+, I dint know they could run that fast.

Well my butt set in one and saw 76 so by himself 80ish is not a big stretch once you remove my big A$$.

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/28/15 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Those champion demo boats were modified, super light hulls and tricked out motors, wonder if the skeeter is the same?

And no to the tricked out, regular tournament ready boats In fact the one I road in this past year belonged to Elite Pro Kurt Dove. Have to take a ride every year to get a shoot at the cash being given away.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/29/15 10:35 AM

Ba-donka-dong
Posted By: ddmm

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/29/15 02:35 PM

Go Skeeter or Go home..............Building them one at a time in TEXAS!!!
Posted By: Mr. Greensides

Re: Skeeter Fire Up - 07/29/15 07:34 PM

Speaking of the Permian S.I.T. flyers just went out for this years tourney. 3rd weekend in Sept. Amistad
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum