Texas Fishing Forum

Problems with Z Man plastics

Posted By: kirbydog

Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 05:51 PM

I know not to mix Z Man plastics with other soft plastics-learned that the hard way. But I've had some Z man plastics melt just sitting in their individual bags. And these are bags not on my boat but in my fishing room.

Not exposed to any sun, not mixed with any other plastics. Anybody else have this problem?

So far, I've had this happen to their Zinker Z senko type baits and their schroom baits.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 06:21 PM

I baught two bags of the craws both bags melted or deformed also.
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 06:50 PM

Yep had it happen to me before,, they also will rust a hook into if left on them.. I quit using there stuff.

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 06:57 PM

Their baits are more durable but have some downsides-harder to hook, harder to unhook.

If they keep melting in the bag I guess I'm not buying anymore either.
Posted By: TanHner36

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 08:00 PM

I had 2 frogs melt on me. I shy away from Zman stuff for this reason. The only time i use it is in the winter because that's the only time I can have them out and not be a puddle of goop in an hour
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 08:53 PM

Same here, I put them in a bag with some new Keitech swim baits, and ruined the whole bag. Also frogs.
I'm not buying them again
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 09:47 PM

Never had them melt unless mixed with pvc based plastics, zoom etc.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/23/15 10:48 PM

Just don't mix em w/other plastics....done! They are some heavy duty baits. Seems similar to the Strike King 3x stuff but I don't remember having any melting issues with them.
Posted By: Fishin Machine

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 12:20 AM

I would contact the Manufacturer

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 01:39 AM

The point I was trying to make is I didn't mix these with other plastics and didn't put them in the
sun/heat.

Called the manufacturer-waiting for a call back.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Never had them melt unless mixed with pvc based plastics, zoom etc.

Yea me either. They make it real clear not to mix other plastics with them. If you aren't doing that. . .that's really strange.

Don't mix two different color Z man plastics in the same bag either, they'll leach colors in just a few hours.

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 02:27 AM

Too complicated for me!
Wonder what the fish think

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 11:47 AM

Not mixing plastics is too complicated? Lol. . .oooooo k.

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 01:03 PM

Too much of a hassle. I like things simple. At 68, the less I need to remember, the better!
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 01:06 PM

I wouldn't mix them and never had a rust issue when I've used them
Posted By: 361V

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 01:29 PM

Honestly guys I have countless bags of soft plastics in ziplock baggies in my boat but all are still in their own individual bags they came in. I have never simply dumped different worms into a single pack. Don't have "to remember" not to do that. Original post is they are melting on their own. I have not had that problem.
Posted By: cbow44

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 03:07 PM

Keep them in my garage and haven't had that problem.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 03:16 PM

I have never had a problem with Z-Man either.
Much like other manufacturers, either you like their stuff or your don't.
If you don't read the label and you use the product other than the way it is stated, usually you'll have a problem ....... BOOM goes the dynamite,,,, to quote one of my favorite characters.
I'm not saying anyone that has an issue with them did that,,,,,,just saying.
Posted By: River to sea

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 03:55 PM

Don't use dip and dye on z-man plastics , it melted the legs right off a toad , before I could get it out of the dye bottle .
Posted By: Blayne Wallace

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 04:26 PM

I've had the same problem with their senkos as well
Posted By: billoptimax

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 06:53 PM

me to

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 08:33 PM

Not to be disagreeable either. I like to put everything in my Plano 3700's. My Z Man A-rig jigs all melted in their own compartment, separate from my others brand jigs.. It probably did give a warning on the label. I never take the time to read the label on fishing bait
I ought to go back to minnows

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/24/15 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: River to sea
Don't use dip and dye on z-man plastics , it melted the legs right off a toad , before I could get it out of the dye bottle .

Spike it will do that to power baits too. It'll turn them into jelly after a few seconds. It's kinda cool looking actually. Lol.
Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 03:20 AM

I have some Zman baits that stay in my boat in the heat, and they are good still. they never get used so that's where they stay.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 11:48 AM

This is strange all the hit and miss with these baits. I have a couple of bags but not really a user. I keep my tackle in the garage and decided to check them after reading this and the ones I have are still good. Don't know if it makes a difference but they are finesse worms.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 01:04 PM

if you leave a bag of Mrs Baird's bread open and on the kitchen counter it will go stale.
Oh,,,,I'm not supposed to do that, I'm supposed to wrap it back up and put it in the bread box.
Leave some gummy bears out in the heat and see what that does.
Posted By: ZMFish

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 04:09 PM

Just wanted to chime in with some info that hopefully will help some folks out. There is no reason why ElaZtech baits that are stored properly (in their original packaging and out of extreme heat) would melt. Here is a link to a video on proper ElaZtech bait storage that may be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1wkWQPMcPs

In order for the baits to deform, they would have to be exposed to either a foreign substance or extreme temperatures at some point. Our warehouse is not climate controlled and is located in South Carolina, where temperatures regularly exceed 100 degrees. We have never had an issue with baits melting in the package under those conditions, and we've moved millions of baits through that warehouse in the last few years. Personally, I store my ElaZtech baits in my boat, which is stored outdoors. Again, I've never had an issue with the baits melting.

Every now and then we get a complaint about baits melting in the package, and we ask those customers to return the baits to us for us to analyze. Every time this has happened, we've found a shriveled up Zoom worm or something similar in the bottom of the package that the customer had unknowingly and unintentially placed in the bag. It's almost humorous how many times this has happened.

If anyone has issues with our ElaZtech baits, please contact us directly and we will do what we can to make it right!
Posted By: randywillfish

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 04:10 PM

I bought some Z-Man worms for shaky head at the Z-man booth at the expo in Shreveport last time the Classic was there. Thought I would be able to catch 200 fish on one worm. Figured that $6 bag of worms would last so long, my great-grandkids would inherit them. After losing 3 jig heads CAUSE THE HOOK CAME THRU THE PLASTIC AND FOUND BRUSH ON THE BOTTOM I left them at the boat ramp. Good look to whoever found them...
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 05:00 PM

What about jig skirts? The two bags I had that melted never where mixed with other baits but I did use a couple on a jig then put them back in the bags.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 07:04 PM

I learned my lesson a few summers ago with the elaztech skirts and chatterbait trailers. I had put some in a ziplock bag with a teaser toad. Ended up with a ball of mush. It's better to keep all your plastics in the original bags. I've seen some bleeding from other brands also (magnum zoom pearl and white ice flukes in a bag with just a couple YUM watermelon red craws creates pink flukes)
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 08:32 PM

Ummm. I Just buy Senkos and Roboworms, and no problems. I have had some others melt. Zoom worms, elaztech Strike King worms. Don't mess with them too much anymore. Not for the melting. Stopped using them because they simply suck as a bait. Haha. Strike King is for rage tails and rodents. Zoom for flukes. Worms? Senko and Robo. No sense in trying something else when these ALWAYS work as advertised.

Also, I shouldn't have to read the instructions for a bait. It is kinda obvious. Lol.
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/25/15 09:23 PM

I had some small swimbaits of there's melt as well.
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: Problems with Z Man plastics - 07/29/15 07:09 PM

I bought some Z Man trailers from BPS. Didn't check them in the store. I'd never opened a brand new bag of deformed soft plastics before so didn't think to. Took them home and either threw them in my boat or hung them on some peg board, can't remember but I do know I never opened them. First time on the water I opened the bag and they were all deformed. Not to the point of unusable but they were flattened.

Maybe the boogieman put a zoom worm in there when no one was looking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum