Texas Fishing Forum

Guided Fork trip

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Guided Fork trip - 07/23/15 03:04 PM

Just got home from a guided night trip with Richie White. Had a great trip. I took about a 15 year break from fishing and tried Fork 2 or three times in the last several months and got blanked every time. Been doing some night fishing on my local lake and getting blanked there also. Richie, had me on fish and taught me to use a jig. Caught some nice ones and learned a lot. He was a better guide than I was a fisherman as he definitely put me on the fish but I missed setting the hook about 3X as often as I caught them. He really worked hard asking me questions to find out what I wanted or needed to learn and tried to show me how I could take what I learned there and apply it to the lakes that I normally fish. He was working hard getting me on to other spots for fish when I finally had to tell him that I was beat and ready to call it a night.

When I come across someone that really does a good job, I like to let others know about it
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/23/15 04:07 PM

Thanks for the good report Mr. Milan. From what I have been hearing Mr. White is one of the best guides on the lake.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/23/15 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby Milam
Just got home from a guided night trip with Richie White. Had a great trip. I took about a 15 year break from fishing and tried Fork 2 or three times in the last several months and got blanked every time. Been doing some night fishing on my local lake and getting blanked there also. Richie, had me on fish and taught me to use a jig. Caught some nice ones and learned a lot. He was a better guide than I was a fisherman as he definitely put me on the fish but I missed setting the hook about 3X as often as I caught them. He really worked hard asking me questions to find out what I wanted or needed to learn and tried to show me how I could take what I learned there and apply it to the lakes that I normally fish. He was working hard getting me on to other spots for fish when I finally had to tell him that I was beat and ready to call it a night.

When I come across someone that really does a good job, I like to let others know about it

Good guide right there ...
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/23/15 11:26 PM

Heard good things about Richie.
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/23/15 11:47 PM

The first trip I took on Fork with a guide was with Richie. My first boss had heard about Richie through the TFF and Richie's side business working on computers. The man has taught me some very valuable things over the years, and I wouldn't stick my neck out and say this about anyone... Richie is as good a person as he is a fisherman. Glad you had a good outing, and even more so that you came on here to share your experience.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/24/15 03:09 AM

Great guide folks.
Honest, fair, competent, very hard working- learn solid nuts and bolts info from him.
Glad you had a good time op!
Posted By: Blayne Wallace

Re: Guided Fork trip - 07/24/15 04:42 PM

Sounds like a great, informative trip. Congrats!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum