Texas Fishing Forum

Fork grass

Posted By: RangerBass21

Fork grass - 07/22/15 12:47 PM

I've been finding grass in fork in several places, one was deep grass, but there's no bass around or in it, shad yes, but strange that there's no bass in it or around it, why are they not there? It's got me questioning it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 01:55 PM

Caught a few here and there punching it with heavy weight.

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

Did it, threw everything but the kitchen sink, on the graph looks like dead, see the grass and shad but not fish with it, I was frustrated on the one out deep, 9-10 feet of grass and at the edge of the grass drops straight off to 15 ft and nothing.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 03:16 PM

they were all at school
Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

Did it, threw everything but the kitchen sink, on the graph looks like dead, see the grass and shad but not fish with it, I was frustrated on the one out deep, 9-10 feet of grass and at the edge of the grass drops straight off to 15 ft and nothing.

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
they were all at school
Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

I guess mama wasn't home either.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 04:33 PM

Sounds like a timing issue to me. Keep trying there until they show up.
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 05:00 PM

The Bass are trying to fool the Sandbass clap
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 05:04 PM

The way the lake as been fishing the past several weeks is that Timing is everything.
You can go out in that forty foot and throw some dead sticking huge flukes for suspending fish all day if you want.

Re: Fork grass - 07/22/15 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
The way the lake as been fishing the past several weeks is that Timing is everything.
You can go out in that forty foot and throw some dead sticking huge flukes for suspending fish all day if you want.

I already do that , not with flukes though... Fun catching fat slots and fat unders and few 7-8lbers but I'm looking for big mama lunker.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum