Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain Skunk

Posted By: mak123

Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/19/15 05:34 PM

Man it has been tough fishing out on Eagle. I love this lake and have caught nice size fish in the past. This summer has been tough...no size to speak of. I love the lake level but all the nice looking spots are not producing. I will keep trying but gets frustrating. bang
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/19/15 05:47 PM

I got out there at daylight this morning. Didn't get bit until 10:30. Found a lot of bait fish stacked up and caught 6 keepers and a few smaller ones on one spot. Biggest was 6lbs.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/19/15 09:35 PM

Well done, I havent been able to get anything in the boat on EM this summer. Tough has been understatement, though I just started fishing this lake
Posted By: mjtb2006

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/20/15 11:14 PM

I fished Friday from 530 to 12. Caught 7 all short. Everything came on Chart/fire tiger DT 6 cranks. I have tried to pitch docks, the rocks and nothing! Been a very tough season.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/20/15 11:17 PM

The big fish are biteing just hard to figure them out last Sunday there was like 6 between 5-6lbs weighed in and one almost 9lbs
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/20/15 11:34 PM

What Branden said. There are better fish that are being caught. I think it's timing. I think the fish at EM move around a lot. You could fish a dock really hard, and then 5 minutes later someone pulls up and catches a 5. Just how it goes out there. That's why you see guys like Brian Clark running and gunning all day on a milk run of spots. You never know when you might pull up and catch a good one. In the TTO Open a few weeks ago (not the last one), we were coming at another team fishing a stretch of docks. We fished two docks right next to each other and then flip flopped. My first flip on the dock they just fished I catch big fish of the tournament and put us in 2nd. You just never know. I definitely don't mind fishing used water on EM!
Posted By: mjtb2006

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/21/15 01:02 AM

I have been flipping the docks a lot with smaller finese baits because of all the pressure, is anyone else using this tactic, or should I bump my bait sizes up as a result of the dirty water? A year ago when the water was low and clear, i consistently boated good fish on 4 inch finese baits.
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Eagle Mountain Skunk - 07/21/15 02:58 AM

I think slowing down and really picking apart the higher percentage docks would help you out more.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum