Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird help

Posted By: Blayne Wallace

Humminbird help - 07/19/15 01:53 AM

So I was updating my 1198 and somehow, the power cord came loose and interrupted the upload. Now the unit won't turn on. What do I need to do? I called humminbird but they aren't open until Monday frown any help would be appreciat d!
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 01:59 AM

That "somehow" is going to cost you a flat rate repair charge.

Careless has a price.

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 02:07 AM

You say that like I wasn't paying attention. Unit was on the ram mount, securely tightened with the power cord and the other cords intact. Update was going fine then it just stopped. I assume the power cord came loose. Don't always jump to conclusions if you weren't here. Other than that unnecessary comment you made, I guess I have to send the unit into humminbird on Monday and have them update it.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 02:07 AM

Blayne you can only hope to be as perfect as Wayne P one day
Posted By: 361V

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
That "somehow" is going to cost you a flat rate repair charge.

Careless has a price.
Wow. Couldn't put it any nicer? Sorry for your mistake but Humminbird warns against interupting downloads. Wait to talk to HB but probably will have to be sent in. Maybe someone one here much smarter than me will chine in. By smart I don't mean "smart" like Wayne P :-).

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Blayne you can only hope to be as perfect as Wayne P one day

I'm not one to start an Internet war but sometimes people need to think before they type. I'm not upset or anything, just hoping he will realize how uncalled for his last comment was.

Re: Humminbird help - 07/19/15 02:11 AM

Thanks 361, I just got the units actually and just had then installed yesterday. I was udpating both of the units and didn't know much about them. The 998 went fine but for some reason the 1198 took longer and then went black. I'll just have to give them a call Monday I assume.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum