Texas Fishing Forum

Doesn't matter how old I get...

Posted By: M. Alexander

Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/15/15 04:49 AM

I'm still like a kid trying to settle himself on Christmas Eve the night before I go fishing. It's now 11:47pm so I've less than 4 hrs before hitting the road to Fork... & I CAN'T SLEEP.
Posted By: Madman Phoenix

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/15/15 09:37 AM

I know what you mean. I have to go by Fun N Sun before I can head to Fork. I'm meeting Slade Daughtry 4:30pm to set my new graphs up so I'm not in a big hurry to get there. I am going to stay til dark and fish.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/15/15 10:17 AM

I remember those days when I 1st started fishing. I would stay up all night remembering what I had tied on. Sometimes in the middle of the night I would get up and go retie something on. Drive me nuts. Now I have a small cabin on fork and there every weekend. I still get excited when I get there to make sure everything is on good and go over in my head some type of game plan. Have fun
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/15/15 01:27 PM

only a few lakes that do that too me... Ivie, Cherokee, fork, Amistad ones I dont hit all the time I'd guess you would say
Posted By: Garvin

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 02:00 AM

On fishing days, not being able to wait a minute longer, I'd sometimes wake my dad up at 4:00 in the morning, and he would reluctantly get out of bed to oblige me. On the way to the lake, he'd let me drink black coffee he'd bring along in his Thermos, and we'd listen to Paul Harvey on the radio. My dad's been gone for years now, but those were some of the best times, and I still feel that same excitement from the anticipation of another day of fishing.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 02:01 AM

Hopefully his day was better than ours. On the water at daylight and all in all was a lot slower than expected. hard to grind for a few bites. Fished till noon. Managed to let a good one jump off at the boat. Still beats working though.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Hopefully his day was better than ours. On the water at daylight and all in all was a lot slower than expected. hard to grind for a few bites. Fished till noon. Managed to let a good one jump off at the boat. Still beats working though.

Nope, Mr. Perry. We had a "still beats working" day as well.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 07:59 AM

I never was like this going fishing but if there was a bass tournament involved sometimes I would be this way. I can remember sitting in a truck stop at 3:00 in the morning and ordering breakfast, had my rig with me ready to go. Headed out from there to hit the lake...........All because I couldn't turn off the strategizing in my head........
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 10:33 AM

it's Thursday and I'm chomping at the bits to head to fork tomorrow.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 12:46 PM

I'm almost 73, and I still get that way the night before every fishing trip. Guess it's in my blood.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 01:13 PM

I spend M-F planning for my weekends at Lake Fork, I watch the weather channel on several stations to make sure they are all on the same page. I can tell you what the winds are at any given moment and the direction. I read every guide report I can get all week long. I study their pictures to maybe get a glance of where they are fishing. I watch Academy, BPS, and Cabelas everyday for possible sales of tackle that I don't have or may need. I'm on TFF much too much,...!!!
I eat bfast at Oak Ridge Marina hoping to over hear someone drop a secret bait or place,...I have Navionics App on my phone, my Ipad, and computers.
WFN is on my TV almost all the time there's a bass fishing show, and I record all of them that's on when I'm not home so I don't miss something.
I work and extra half an hour every day so I can leave early from work to get to the lake on Friday afternoon. I text guide friends to see what that are
catching fish on,..and where. I've been on 3 or 4 guide trips this year, learing and watching. My entire week revolves around going fishing on weekend.
My wife is worse than me,...she loves fishing more than me. Doesn't matter how old I get..!!!
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Doesn't matter how old I get... - 07/16/15 02:21 PM

I'm the same way........those lil green fish have been additive for 46 years

thank God for em
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum