Texas Fishing Forum

who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole?

Posted By: Drummond1

who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 06:02 PM

I am hoping to get some input here from anyone that has a talon or power pole on a bass tracker, or similar aluminum boat, (mine is a pro team 175). I am just being pushed around like crazy with a 10 mph wind and it makes it difficult to fish using a worm or wacky rig when I choose to fish that way. I am wondering just how often you use it, is the 12' the way to go etc. I'm not that good of a fisherman in the first place, I would like to have any advantage I can get but I need to see if it is really worth the money,
thanks
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 06:08 PM

I see a guy out at Caddo with a 175 and twin power poles. It makes me jealous. It seems like overkill for such a small boat though. I think if you find yourself in that windy situation a lot you should consider it. I have the same boat and the wind can be tricky.

I wonder if the Power Pole micro would work? It says for boats up to 1,500 pounds. I fish out of a kayak too and could trnasdfer the unit to either boat.
Posted By: Laser

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 07:40 PM

Have a Power Pole 8ft Camo on my 1852 Lowe..
Love it us it all the time fishing and duck hunting.
If I had to choose between fish finder or power pole I would take the pole.
Fish a lot shallow at fork and use the pole all the time.
If your boat has only one trolling motor battery I would suggest hooking the Power Pole to the starting battery.
Trolling motor and Pole will kill your battery.
I use the pole all day and motor cranks just fine.
Works well for me that way.
Posted By: RngrMac

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 08:51 PM

I have twin talons on my 16 foot aluminum. .... love them.... I have 8's and would probably go to tens some day
Posted By: Drummond1

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 08:54 PM

thanks, I will probably have to start with one, I know the boat will pivot a little but I can deal with that.
Posted By: Laser

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 09:00 PM

I control the pivot with my trolling motor.
Posted By: Mr. Greensides

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 09:10 PM

Drummond, I have one that is on my Skeeter right now. I'll send it and the mounting bracket, pump and two controls, to your door for 1250.00

It is the 8' sportsman eddition

Text me and ill send you a video of it working 432-349-0363
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: who has a Bass Tracker and a talon/power pole? - 07/13/15 09:13 PM

how many trust is your trolling motor?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum