Texas Fishing Forum

Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image)

Posted By: milkfisher

Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:23 AM

I'm still learning this meter stuff....

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:27 AM

Looks like maybe some trees with baitfish towards the tops of them? I'm not really seeing fish definitively, but someone way better than me at this will come along and tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:34 AM

+1
The waves you were in are messing with the clarity of the image. But I see trees, and small bait in them tops, also I see a thermocline at about 23 ft ( could be just sediment from all our rain). Nothing to stop for

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:42 AM

Hmmmm.....how about this one?

Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:49 AM

Definitely see some fish....what is your sensitivity set on?
Posted By: H B

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 02:56 AM

looks like trees in first pic

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: CrankBait1007
Definitely see some fish....what is your sensitivity set on?

I don't have a clue. I used setup wizard when I installed.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 03:42 AM

The first pic is definitely trees. You can tell on the imaging with the vertical stands. If you up the contrast a little, you can see more of the branches.

The second pic is possibly a brush pile on a structure change in depth (little drop-off). Possibly some trees on top, but there are fish working a bait ball near the surface.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 04:17 AM

Definitely fish at the bottom left of the 2nd pic. Looks like a brush-pile on the drop-off, harder object in the middle like a tree trunk or something more solid that stands vertical on that drop off.
Posted By: Drop_shot_king

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By: David Burton
The first pic is definitely trees. You can tell on the imaging with the vertical stands. If you up the contrast a little, you can see more of the branches.

The second pic is possibly a brush pile on a structure change in depth (little drop-off). Possibly some trees on top, but there are fish working a bait ball near the surface.
+1
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 09:59 AM

Baitfish look like clouds, slashes going up are individual fish in front of transducer and behind if going down. Slashes and full arches with no yellow or red are fish outside the cone of the sonar. Vertical streaks attached to bottom are trees or stumps. Best info I have ever seen on sonar and GPS are from Wilson Frazier "the professor" website www.itainttv.com
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 10:02 AM

I would keep down scam on 800 MHz not 455 to get crisper better images. Always experiment with the auto sensitivity to get more detail or a cleaner screen
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 11:53 AM

I would waypoint this spot for sure
You've got a nice depth change with excellent cover on a hard bottom surface. This location will hold fish year round.
As far as strength of return remember ROYGBIV red strongest (rock)--->violet weakest (silt)

Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 03:28 PM

Is that a bracket mounted ducer? Looks like it's not parallel to the bottom.

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 03:39 PM

It is bracket mounted, and I did notice that it was u level after we put the boat back on the trailer.

It's pretty obvious I've got some studying to do. Thanks for the feedback Gentleman!
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 05:00 PM

Great questions, great answers. I'm still learning mine as well.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/12/15 08:45 PM

I don't think any of it is fish looks like boat wash or silt and false return your getting off surface clarity and trees
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Can somebody tell me what I'm looking at here? (Lowrance image) - 07/13/15 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: milkfisher
I'm still learning this meter stuff....

School of Gizzard Shad ^ No doubt;)
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum