Texas Fishing Forum

lake Granbury

Posted By: txbowhunter27

lake Granbury - 07/09/15 10:41 PM

Going to Granbury, putting in at rough creek. Haven't been in 20 years. Any advice on where our what to do? And yes I already know I should go to fork or Athens instead. Lol
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: lake Granbury - 07/09/15 10:55 PM

If I were going,I would be throwing a jig x on docks around rough creek then go up the river and throw it some more.

Re: lake Granbury - 07/09/15 11:06 PM

I will definitely fish the docks in rough creek. Thanks for the advice.
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: lake Granbury - 07/10/15 05:00 AM

I grew up on Granbury for 16 years, but now live in Waxahachie. I have heard all this rain and water fluctuation has changed the fish patterns. Places we used to hit bass hard we haven't had a bite. I finally had luck yesterday fishing north on the upper river portion of the lake using crankbaits. My 10 foot yellow/green round bill shad crank was getting hammered by decent sized black bass along the banks of the northern channel portion. If you know where bent water estates is along the water, that's the area I was having the best time. Google map search: 1398 E Baja Ct. Granbury, TX 76048. That is where my phone marked my spot when I saved it for next time. My dad still lives out there so I fish it whenever I visit. Let me know how it goes for you.

Happy fishing.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: lake Granbury - 07/10/15 04:03 PM

Right now choices are to either find a ledge with some fish on it or go flip/spin the flooded grass. Both will produce if you find the right place and are persistent enough.
Posted By: OneFishAway

Re: lake Granbury - 07/10/15 05:47 PM

Just got off of it and the fishing it TOUGH. We did manage a few in flooded grass on top waters.

Re: lake Granbury - 07/11/15 01:41 AM

Thank y'all for the updates. But good grief radius, couldn't you have pm me! Now the other guys will fish it to death before my tourney.... Lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum