Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Help

Posted By: azbass

Lake Fork Help - 07/09/15 07:17 PM

Gentlemen I need your help. I am traveling to Lake Fork next week for a fishing trip with my 87 y.o. father who was recently diagnosed with terminal colon cancer. Since it will most likely be the last fishing trip we will share, I was hoping to get a little information to make our time on the water even more special by catching a few. Over the past 16 years, I have been traveling to Lake Fork a couple of times a year to fish and it has been great to be able to spend all that time with him doing what we love to do. Unfortunately, he was not feeling up to fishing when I was there in April and May so we didn't get our fishing trip in this year, but he wants to try it again. As I said, I have been fishing the lake for several years, but most of my trips were in the late spring and early fall (so the weather was comfortable for him to fish) and I haven't been on the water during the summer months. I was hoping we could get on some in the evening and after dark as he will not be able to take the heat of the day. Thank you.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/09/15 08:36 PM

Thank you to those who have IM'd me. Hope to see some of you on the water next week.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/10/15 01:29 AM

Sure it will be an unforgettable trip,enjoy fishing with your dad and good luck.wish you would catch a big one,keeping my fingers crossed
Posted By: IIIMag

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/10/15 02:16 AM

I hope you catch some. But really, it's the time together that counts. I still remember the last trip I made with my Dad about 15 years before he passed. We caught a few, but I don't remember how many or how big. I do recall the time with him, though.
Posted By: str1249

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/10/15 05:39 PM

Maybe a Lake Fork guide will cough up for this bucket list trip?

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: str1249
Maybe a Lake Fork guide will cough up for this bucket list trip?

Thanks for the bump, but those guys work hard for their money and I would never ask nor accept a free trip. I was just looking for a little help.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 02:42 AM

Call me when you get down! I'll meet you some where and mark up a map for you! If I'm not busy one afternoon I would gladly take you and your father out for an afternoon on me! The bite has been great early and late anyway. I think it's great what you are doing! Not promising I'll have time but if I'm going to be on the water anyway would love to fish with you guys. My number is in my sig and be safe on the way to Fork
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 01:28 PM

Nice gesture sir,.. clap
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 01:31 PM

Mr. Hughes, you are a class act. Period.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 01:42 PM

Sorry to hear about your father, hope you two have a great trip. I don't know enough to help you out or I would gladly do so.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/13/15 06:46 PM

Thank you Mr. Hughes. That is a very kind offer and I will definitely take you up on getting a little info to get us started. unfortunately, his condition would make a guided trip very difficult. He has an appointment tomorrow, but if you're available I'll try you tomorrow afternoon. Thank you again, words cannot express how much I appreciate the kindness you have shown.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/14/15 11:38 AM

Absolutely I know how important my father is and wish I got to fish with him more! Give me a call whenever sir!

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 05:06 AM

I was fortunate to get him out one evening for a little fishing. We ended up with 11 (5 unders and 6 slots) total between 7:30PM and 9PM. As you can see, it really made his day and mine. Thank you all for your kind wishes.

Posted By: Ricky Taylor

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 06:47 AM

That is Awesome!! Really glad you got him on some good fish!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 11:57 AM

That is one happy man.

Gman
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 12:05 PM

Nice! 11 fish in an hour and a half is a killer outing. Glad you guys found them!
Posted By: C.C. Near Nuthin

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 03:17 PM

Outstanding!!!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 03:25 PM

That's great! His huge smile says it all.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 08:42 PM

Wow that is super cool! Glad you got him out on the water and best wishes to both of yall.

Congrats
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/21/15 09:43 PM

Nothing like taking someone you love and helping them catch a big ole bass!

Re: Lake Fork Help - 07/22/15 12:41 AM

PS: Caught them all in less than 4FOW on flukes and senkos. The big one was caught (lost another 5+) in the ditch leading out from the Chaney point ramp and the rest were on the north side of the bay in the shade.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum