Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Hubbard

Posted By: drilla4rilla

Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/09/15 05:42 PM

Hey everyone I'm relatively new to the fishing forum but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on good places to fish from the shore on Lake Ray Hubbard or any surrounding lakes or ponds? I'm currently looking for a boat to purchase but until then I just need somewhere to get a line in the water. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/09/15 07:53 PM

welcome

I would go to Chandlers and fish in the marina. There is always fish to be caught in there....
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/09/15 10:33 PM

Find the ski boat flotilla and fish around them. At least you'll be entertained.
Posted By: TempleFlipper

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/10/15 02:42 AM

The river were Lavon flows into hubbard be careful getting back there.
Posted By: GoArmy

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/10/15 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
welcome

I would go to Chandlers and fish in the marina. There is always fish to be caught in there....

They used to have signs up "no fishing" in the marina area.
Posted By: RL206

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/10/15 02:39 PM

There's not many places that are accessible to fish, from the bank. The only places that I can think of, are rip rap areas and marinas. Try to locate an area close to deep water. There's a park close to the power plant, I see people fishing in and around the park. Be careful though, there's some shady people that frequent those areas. Don't back into any parking places, if you park at any parks around the lake.
Posted By: drilla4rilla

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/10/15 03:30 PM

Thanks for the welcome and feedback guys. I went to Phelps Lake last night and caught a couple bass...1 1/2-2 pounders. Nothing special but I get excited reeling in any size bass. Wasn't sure about whether or not I could take fish out of the lake so I released them both to avoid any trouble.
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/12/15 03:24 AM

I always let Black Bass go but keep some sandies sometimes. Be sure you know the rules of the lake your fishing to avoid trouble. Also may want to do a search and learn the difference in a sand bass and a hybrid bass if you plan on keeping some. Good luck..
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard - 07/12/15 01:28 PM

welcome to the TFF!
Park area off Miller on either side has some bank accessible fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum