Texas Fishing Forum

Lake fork help!

Posted By: Kiel couturier

Lake fork help! - 07/08/15 04:09 PM

Anyone been getting bit at lake fork at all lately? Pre fished it for my highschool tournament I have towards the end of this month and got skunked. Had one really nice one come off and that's it. We tried the north west side of the lake and did not produce at all even form fishing from 6:00am to 2:00 pm. I understand that's fishing but I keep seeing photos of hogs being pulled out recently. Not asking for anyone to give me your secret spot or anything Just a little help.
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/08/15 05:02 PM

Bass champs this weekend probably not gonna get any help
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/08/15 05:05 PM

PM Sent

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/08/15 05:09 PM

I'm fishing the lake fork open for highschool bass fishing. If you would like feel free to just private message me. Thanks!
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/09/15 12:29 AM

Y'all just need to drop shot 154 bridge and 515 west bridge. A

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/09/15 02:56 AM

Even with the water being so high? I feel like they won't really be piled up on the bridges just yet. Will definitely put in in to consideration appreciate it a lot!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/09/15 11:17 AM

it is all in the lure you use, arkansas poppin bug works excellent!

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/09/15 06:55 PM

Haha I dont think thays aloud during the tournaments.😂
Posted By: SkeeterEater

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/09/15 07:00 PM

Ask again Monday morning and you will be pelted with some good detailed data.

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/12/15 04:15 PM

Thank you sir that's what I was thinking. By the looks of the results from bass champs fork must of have been really tough for the anglers!
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/12/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: hopalong
it is all in the lure you use, arkansas poppin bug works excellent!

I have never typed the words ....lol...... But this is fitting so....LOL!!!

Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/12/15 05:49 PM

We couldn't figure it out, but lots of teams did. There are lots of fish shallow, we missed a couple on spro popping frogs, white and black. My partner tells me the one I missed was an over, 10+. I disagree, I never lose an over, only slot fish. Mind you, I've never caught an over, either! hmmm

So the frog is one option, along with other top waters early near the edges of the thickest vegetation you can find with 8-10 FOW nearby.

I was also told that there are fish staying up in the willows and other shallow cover (less than 1-2 foot) all the time now. Find them on main lake points and pockets and hit with a variety of subsurface baits.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/12/15 05:53 PM

tie on a drop shot and fish deep, if you want to catch unders...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/12/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.

There are a mess of big unders up shallow too. We found a bunch before cutoff and they held up great yesterday.

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/13/15 02:23 AM

Awesome I appreciate it alot yall! Hoping to really do good for the lake fork open highschool tournament! If anyone has any detailed that they don't want to share to everyone feel free to pm promise to only fish it during the tournament.

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/13/15 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry

There are a mess of big unders up shallow too. We found a bunch before cutoff and they held up great yesterday.

Mark I couldn't find anything shallow in practice. I did spend about 45 min trying though. lol

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/13/15 02:56 AM

Mark I couldn't find anything shallow in practice. I did spend about 45 min trying though. lol

Call me this week and we will go look for 'em. Got a good idea where to start as we are finding shallow fish that are resident fish and not just feeding.

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/13/15 03:01 AM

Call me this week and we will go look for 'em. Got a good idea where to start as we are finding shallow fish that are resident fish and not just feeding.

Sounds good, I am headed down in the morn to fish until mid day, if you are around holler at me...

Re: Lake fork help! - 07/13/15 03:05 AM

Halfway through a 48hr shift. No fishing for me till Tuesday/Wednesday
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum