Texas Fishing Forum

Lake fork bite

Posted By: jazz102710

Lake fork bite - 07/07/15 07:49 PM

I have a tournament on the 9th can yall tell me what they are biting on
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/07/15 07:53 PM

Use the search feature for info, with the tournament coming up this week, not many people will leak info.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/07/15 07:54 PM

they are hitting lures very good right now. just use the right lure. wink
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/07/15 08:13 PM

I hear that bream and black salties are producing big fish for a couple guides.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 03:20 AM

Weightless bubble gum flukes in 40+ feet of water should do the trick.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: jbcarroll3000
Weightless bubble gum flukes in 40+ feet of water should do the trick.

Nailed it.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman

According to them tho they are catching them on "Carolina rigs"... barf
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Lmao
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 04:58 AM

yea seen one guy few weeks ago in pontoon boat said he was wacking them on bream said he just caught a 23" and had 9 total and he was leaving and told us to throw out a bouy if we had one. then Boom he held up a slot fish from his ice chest and showed us then drove off and i'm betting them 9 were all slot fish too. where are the game wardens when u need them, but the ones who live on the lake ain't throwing no fish back slot or not when they know the game wardens are never around to check them.
Oh yea our C-rigs didn't catch anything either.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 11:05 AM

The following is what I'm throwing, but it's really about being at the right place at the right time when the school of fish is active........Football jigs, big cranks (8xd and 10xd), c-rigged snake, big shaky heads with big worms
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
yea seen one guy few weeks ago in pontoon boat said he was wacking them on bream said he just caught a 23" and had 9 total and he was leaving and told us to throw out a bouy if we had one. then Boom he held up a slot fish from his ice chest and showed us then drove off and i'm betting them 9 were all slot fish too. where are the game wardens when u need them, but the ones who live on the lake ain't throwing no fish back slot or not when they know the game wardens are never around to check them.
Oh yea our C-rigs didn't catch anything either.

If folks would call the Game Warden when they see illegal activity they will come, and quick. All of us should have our local GWs phone numbers saved in our phones. For Lake Fork...

Kurt Kelley 903-571-6805

Derek Spitzer 903-571-6820

Wood County Sheriff 903-763-2201

Or, you can just save this number, although a direct call to the local Wardens will get a faster response.

Operation Game Thief 800-792-4263

Game Wardens can't be everywhere all the time. It's up to us, the law-abiding fishing public, to help protect our fisheries from poachers.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes
The following is what I'm throwing, but it's really about being at the right place at the right time when the school of fish is active........Football jigs, big cranks (8xd and 10xd), c-rigged snake, big shaky heads with big worms

Threw these all day last weekend, and at times, like Zach mentioned, the bite would turn on. It was a timing thing for me, had to be patient and have perseverance.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 02:10 PM

First light I would focus on flats just inside main lake points and even secondary points. Find the bait fish and you will find the bass. Find a nice weed line near 20'+ water. I never throwed what everyone else was throwing. Its hard for a bass to say no to a good ol texas rigged black or red shad power worm or a fluke. I really like the swimming flukes. A craw worm is a good stand by. Just go with what you have confidence in for baits.

Find some bait fish and figure out what they are doing and you will find the bass. Get your own mojo going, believe in it, go with it, and if you place you will get more satisfaction in it knowing you did it your way. Good luck and take pics hoisting that trophy!
Posted By: snickers

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 03:15 PM

They use long leaders so the bait can swim around
Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide-Cody Malone
Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide- James Caldemeyer

Lmao
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Lake fork bite - 07/08/15 03:38 PM

With the lake levels back up, they are hiding on the flooded brush. Top water in the morning in this. I was getting blown up on with frogs and ribbits. Need deeper water close by though. I stayed away from the shallow flats after fishing them for an hour or so with nothing to show.
Good Luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum