Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Lakes

Posted By: midnight creeper

Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 07:29 AM

I've been to 4 different lakes(2 east Texas lake) and all of them seem to have tea /tannic color to them and the fishing seem to be off.Just wondering if anyone else notice this.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 12:42 PM

Most east Texas lakes typically do have a tea/tannic color, but it is more pronounced this year from run off. I've also noticed silt layers starting at 20 feet in many lakes. Where I fished this weekend had a double silt layer: One from 2-7 feet, then another from 20-30 feet. The active fish were in that clear window 7-20 feet.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 12:44 PM

Its called tons of rain
Posted By: LinkLowrance

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 09:40 PM

Pretty stained out here in Central Texas....but doesn't seem to be affecting too much.

Lots of rain, so obviously things are going to take awhile to clear up. The lake closest to the house is already pretty clear, you can see about 5 ft. down (pretty good for around here). The other lake is barely visible past 6" (Lake Leon).

Caught this last week close to home, so it's not all that bad:

Posted By: 206champion

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 09:47 PM

I like to call the color of the east Texas lakes whiskey color.
Posted By: TempleFlipper

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/06/15 10:51 PM

Stained here in central Texas with coffee in the creeks. Was on Possum Kingdom this weekend Chocolate milk in some parts.
Posted By: Lake_Nasworthy_Kid

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 03:15 PM

lake nasworthy stays the same color(chocolate milk) but the fishing is a little off but not bad. better than Brownwood right now...
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance
Pretty stained out here in Central Texas....but doesn't seem to be affecting too much.

Lots of rain, so obviously things are going to take awhile to clear up. The lake closest to the house is already pretty clear, you can see about 5 ft. down (pretty good for around here). The other lake is barely visible past 6" (Lake Leon).

Ummmmm that right there is a Hawg sir Lowrance! thumb
Posted By: upchurch_k

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By: LinkLowrance

I like your fishing partner, bass pug!
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 07:41 PM

Is that a minnow bucket ?

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 07:59 PM

Thanks! Yeah, the wife wanted to come (which means the dog had to come too)....maybe he's good luck. LOL
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/20/15 08:44 PM

I'm surprised some of our lakes are taking as long to clear up as they are. How long does it take sediment to settle?

Re: Texas Lakes - 07/21/15 01:49 PM

I'm wondering the same thing...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum