Texas Fishing Forum

Marine Creek Lake Success Story

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/04/15 03:35 AM

I've been fishing Marine Creek Lake periodically for a year now. Not that often, but enough to be frustrated and confused by it, like most people. I've seen the pictures of the 10 pounder shocked up there and the 13 pounder caught there a month ago.

I had plans to fish a small community lake this morning but I called an audible and went to Marine Creek instead. I was fishing from the bank and stayed about four hours. I was shocked with how many people were fishing there today, both in boats and from the bank. It started off like it typically does. A million casts, a few bites, nothing over 10 inches, etc.

As I was leaving, I decided to flip a little pool between the bank and some cattails. It had been extremely windy all day, making it even tougher, especially from the bank, and the three fish I'd caught weren't satisfying my need to set the hook. I had a total of maybe 25" on three fish for the day. A dad was playing disc golf and teeing off right where I was mindlessly flipping. He had a very young son with him in a wagon and was towing him around as he played. He was asking me if I ever had any luck out there. Right as I was saying, yes, but only with dinks, my line starts swimming very quickly to the side. I set the hook and knew it was the biggest fish I'd ever caught out of there.

Nothing to write home about normally, but on Marine Creek, it's a hawg!

Looks like I'll keep going back there. Now I just can't help myself.
Posted By: Got5Fishing

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/04/15 03:58 AM

I have always had good luck there catching 5-10 fish a day and only be there few hours here is a 6.5 pounder I got few months ago. Plenty of 3-4 pounders

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/04/15 02:02 PM

That doesn't look like Marine Creek.
Posted By: CraigMcD

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/04/15 02:23 PM

There are some quality fish at Marine Creek...it can be tough to find them though.

I caught this one 3 weeks ago at the Thursday night Working Man Kayak Tournament...

There were other fish in the 18" range caught the same night.

For me, the thing about Marine Creek is that it seems to be an either/or lake. Either you catch numbers of small fish or you catch the 1 big fish...haven't had an outing where I caught both.

Craig

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/04/15 03:23 PM

Craig, I think you're right and either/or is a good way to put it. I need to take my kayak out there again. I think there is so much grass and other cover, bank fishing and catching numbers is tough.

Nice fish!
Posted By: Got5Fishing

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/10/15 06:31 PM

The photo of my fish was in the ski area right off the boat ramp using a square bill Helsinki crank bait
Posted By: Gman72

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/10/15 07:22 PM

nice fish man!
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/10/15 08:03 PM

Yeah it does.
Nice catch Angler!!!
God Bless

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
That doesn't look like Marine Creek.
Posted By: BuffaloBrian

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/11/15 12:17 AM

Thanks for the report and congrats on your catch.

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/11/15 01:57 PM

Thanks, guys.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/11/15 02:08 PM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: WyattYoung7

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/11/15 08:50 PM

How do Yall catch those solid fish there? I only catch dinks or those big flatheads on cranks
Posted By: CrankBait1007

Re: Marine Creek Lake Success Story - 07/12/15 01:24 AM

Duck sometimes all it takes is one fish for the light to come on or for that motivation to get going. nice job thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum