Texas Fishing Forum

Land surrounding Ray Hubbard

Posted By: Soft Tap

Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/02/15 10:41 PM

Any truth to the the rumors that the city of Rowlett has bought up the land surrounding Robertson Park (minus the boat ramp) and Dalrock area, to build condos, and may not renew Bayview marina lease.
Posted By: mpowell

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/02/15 11:04 PM

I'm pretty sure the sale of the park from Dallas to Rowlett is complete (or will be shortly).

Here are two articles outlining the possible development plans. I think it is now being referred to as Bayside.

http://starlocalmedia.com/rowlettlakesho...4ce8f56f22.html

http://starlocalmedia.com/rowlettlakesho...557f26f085.html
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 03:24 AM

They bought all the land including the boat ramp. Apprx one acre was deeded back to the city of Dallas and it's the grassy area starting just north of the boat ramp area and extends to the highway and east to west from the Dalrock to the waters edge.

Rumor is eventually ramp will be shut down...
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
They bought all the land including the boat ramp. Apprx one acre was deeded back to the city of Dallas and it's the grassy area starting just north of the boat ramp area and extends to the highway and east to west from the Dalrock to the waters edge.

Rumor is eventually ramp will be shut down...

lets hope not, is the ramp not owned by the COE's
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Soft Tap

lets hope not, is the ramp not owned by the COE's

Its not a COE lake, all the surrounding property (and ramps) is either private or city owned.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 04:09 PM

Rowlett finalized the deal in mid-May for about $32 mil.

Early plans are to make Robertson Park into a commercial district with shops and restaurants not unlike the Harbor in Rockwall. And the areas north of I-30 will be brand new housing developments. It will all be called Bayside.

I haven't heard anything official about the marina or ramp. My guess would be they would want to keep them in some capacity to drive lake traffic to the area, but the grumblings seem to suggest otherwise.
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 04:22 PM

There have been rumors for several years that Bayview Marina as it is presently constituted is gone for one reason or another.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 04:57 PM

Sold, fenced off, plans are done.
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 10:45 PM

I've noticed an increased Rowlett police presence on 30@ Dalrock since the purchase was completed. I'll have to ask my Step father about details, if he knows any. He's pretty into the whole city of Rowlett thing. I sure hope they would keep the ramp. Seems it would be a valuable asset to a lakeside development.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/03/15 11:38 PM

reminds me of lake mcqueeney
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Land surrounding Ray Hubbard - 07/07/15 01:42 AM

I heard the 1 acre tract that was deeded to Dallas is for the future location of a Fire Station....maybe they will retain the ramp for their use?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum