Texas Fishing Forum

How is RC fishing?

Posted By: Ted Martin

How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 05:04 PM

since the water came up?

Been thinking about going there to fun fish sometime soon.
Posted By: Bardwell

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 07:26 PM

I would love for someone to chime in on this smile!
Posted By: txfsh

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 07:39 PM

I was about to post this same question when I saw this one. So...anybody been there recently....anybody?

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 08:27 PM

just did some digging on Media's site ... they had a T out there 6/21

only 15 boats, 0 limits, 6 donuts. Winners had 4 for 20lbs.

Overall average fish weighed in was impressive (3.3lbs) but only 17 caught/weighed.

sounds like it was pretty tough a couple of weeks back anyway. but if you caught one it was probably a good one. Sounds a lot like tawakoni from a few weeks back.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 10:28 PM

Bass fishing has been very slow for me and clients, finding some fish in heavy grass on a frog but they are scattered. They should be on a deep pattern by now but even having a hard time getting on them that way.
hope this helps!
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/01/15 11:27 PM

Cast had tournament this last weekend don't know the results
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/02/15 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: fishinlance
Cast had tournament this last weekend don't know the results

It was bad, I fished a total of 18 hours and caught two keepers, a three pound fish won the tourney the day before, CAST top three points leaders zeroed this tournament and they are all very good fishermen. One team had 18, heard they caught them deep down by the dam.

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/02/15 01:12 AM

thx for the responses - maybe I'll give it a few more weeks. i love the offshore fishing out there.
Posted By: TTU33

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/02/15 08:47 PM

I was there the weekend of the Media tournament (6/21) and the weekend before pre-fishing. In 3 days of practice, we got 3 bites. On tournament day, we got 3 bites and caught two of them. Finished in fourth with less than 6 lbs. It was very tough to say the least!
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/03/15 12:41 AM

Wow it looks like it would be real good
Posted By: Ryorgensen

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/04/15 07:26 AM

Sandbass should be biting good.
Posted By: lunkerloser

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/04/15 10:02 PM

Fished last Sunday. One bite at 6:15 on a topwater that weighed 4.32. No more bites for the remainder of the day. Our small group of 15 anglers weighed in 7 fish. Water is clear and bait fish are thick around the docks and the bridges but the bass are no where to be seen. It should be good this fall.
Posted By: txfsh

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/06/15 09:30 AM

I was there for the weekend. Saying it was tough would be a understatement. High winds, tons of boats and not a bite. We finally went to Holbrook and caught a few. Nothing big but at least I got my line streched which is all that counts for me.
Posted By: Oldman4750

Re: How is RC fishing? - 07/07/15 01:42 AM

It sucked for me 4 sandbass on a C-Rig.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum