Texas Fishing Forum

Rain Suit Questions???

Posted By: Tackle Junkie

Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/27/15 11:43 PM

Ok after some drenching days fishing in Missouri and Arkansas recently I have come to realize that this Texas boy don't have very good rain gear. What do some of you guys use? I'm looking for something in the $200-300 range. It may be a lot to ask but I need something that is very waterproof but still breathes well so you don't sweat to death on the inside. Any help would be appreciated!
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/27/15 11:48 PM

Cabela's Guidewear and BPS 100MPH suits are great but I like the BPS Pro Qualifier for performance, lightweight and good value. There are a bunch of newer players in the rainwear market.
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 12:30 AM

I just got the new Under Armour bibs and jacket and like it a lot... Plenty of pockets and breathable... Been in some down pours and it performed well
Posted By: Coach2

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 12:39 AM

This question comes up a lot during the spring. I believe everyone that post a question about rain gear already knows the answer to their question but just doesn't like the answer. The answer is just bite the bullet and buy the bass pro 100 mph GORTEX. ive had mine for about 3 years and its nthe best thing I own for fishing. It might be out of your price range by about $100, but all I have to say is you will love them on a cold rainy day. When these wear out ill buy another set. When you buy them go to BPS to get them. They have all kinds of sizes from small to tall. Get all suited up and act like you got a 10 lber on. Give it your best Bill Dance fight to make sure they fit and walk to the counter and give the lady 400.00 bucks. Your welcome!
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 12:46 AM

bought em in '05 and have put mine to the test. I have also worked hard labor jobs in them for years as well as on my motorcycle. still goin strong. by far the best tool I ever have purchased as a boat owner.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 12:57 AM

Just hardcore jackets this morning on Fork
Needed the whole suit. Big rain this morning.
Good fishing until 10am then it shut off.
?????
Posted By: Santonio Banderas

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 04:03 AM

BPS 100mph is well worth the money..... Year round great suit.
Posted By: OldChamp

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 04:45 AM

I've found the Kool dri rain suit combo (bibs and jacket) to be great value rain suit. Wore out 1st suit after many years usage and now on 2nd suit.

https://www.kooldrirainwear.com/rainsuit.asp
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 01:52 PM

The new Academy H20 pro series works really well. Nice and dry when I remember to put them in the boat. I stood talking to some guys at a tournament in rain. The other guys were getting wet but I was nice and dry. Good suit for $200
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Coach2
This question comes up a lot during the spring. I believe everyone that post a question about rain gear already knows the answer to their question but just doesn't like the answer. The answer is just bite the bullet and buy the bass pro 100 mph GORTEX. ive had mine for about 3 years and its nthe best thing I own for fishing. It might be out of your price range by about $100, but all I have to say is you will love them on a cold rainy day. When these wear out ill buy another set. When you buy them go to BPS to get them. They have all kinds of sizes from small to tall. Get all suited up and act like you got a 10 lber on. Give it your best Bill Dance fight to make sure they fit and walk to the counter and give the lady 400.00 bucks. Your welcome!

Couldn't have said it any better myself thumb
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 02:13 PM

Cabela's Guidewear!!!!! Again this is personal preferences just like Chevrolet -vs- Ford. Skeeter -vs- Ranger.
If you are tall like me, they are the only one that their tall sizes are actually tall. BPS doesn't even come close on tall. I am 6'4" and have bought BPS products and worn BPS products that are labeled TALL. And, they don't fit the bill. I have 4 sets of Cabela's Rainwear. This is over a 20 year period.

Guidewear Light - Gore-Tex (Not made anymore)
Guidewear Regular - Gore-Tex
Rainy River PacLite - Gore - Tex
Camo Set - Dry Plus

My next set will be the Cabela's Guidewear Bass Angler set.
Posted By: J-2

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 02:21 PM

When it comes to rain gear, you get what you pay for.
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 02:28 PM

I love my Cabelas guidewear. Watch for a sale and you can get a pretty good deal on it. But it still won't be cheap.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2

+1
Posted By: jbguide

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 04:00 PM

Has anybody tried the HUK brand?
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2
Posted By: Old Man Skeeter

Re: Rain Suit Questions??? - 06/28/15 04:39 PM

For the money you can't beat the BPS Pro Qualifier. I have been in some heavy rains on Lake Fork and I always stay dry.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum