Texas Fishing Forum

winnsboro ??

Posted By: chargerboat

winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 03:41 AM

Anybody know anything about this lake me and a friend going to go fish this weekend I don't any ides where to start. Cant find a map no where it don't look all that deep but they say there are some nice fish in there. Are there any stumps I need to worry about can't tell from Google earth???
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 03:46 AM

If you don't know how to run the Lake it's got some hidden boat killers all over.....no marked lane and water is up so everything is hidden.

What time you coming Saturday??
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 04:04 AM

Once you launch the boat you can run the east of the lake. Stay pretty close on the east side and you will be fine
Posted By: papamark

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 09:28 AM

most of the stumps are under water now, but as Dep T said stay on the east side, when you put in, go right at the fishing barge and then turn left up the east side
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 01:26 PM

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zvTcbg3REJ-Q.kNlB755p4wpU

Here is a map I put together. You still have to watch for floaters though. There are always a few that move around in the wind.

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 02:18 PM

Randy's map is perfect to get you from one end to the other
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 03:14 PM

+1 on Randy's map.
Fishing has been pretty good of late, it took 14+ to win last nights working mans tournament and 21+ two weeks ago.
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Randy Harrell
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zvTcbg3REJ-Q.kNlB755p4wpU

Here is a map I put together. You still have to watch for floaters though. There are always a few that move around in the wind.

This is the second map I've seen from Randy; genius and thank you for doing things like this!
Posted By: chargerboat

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 05:51 PM

Thanks for the map that helps a bunch......is this little lake very crowded on the weekends, since it has some stumps I am hoping people are using common sense. But not everybody has some there was a guy tubbing his kids up on shotgun pass on lake fork yesterday really?????
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/26/15 05:59 PM

No problem guys, I just hope it helps out.

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/27/15 02:21 AM

If you see a white nitro with a fat guy on the front come say hello and I'll point you to a few spots....it's normally not bad unless DFW clubs are having a tournament
Posted By: Neches

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/27/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: chargerboat
Anybody know anything about this lake me and a friend going to go fish this weekend I don't any ides where to start.

Just go and figure out how to fish. The lake it tiny. NO need in asking for help. If you need help on that little lake you will never learn how to fish
Posted By: senko9S

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/27/15 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Neches
The lake it tiny.

roflmao
Posted By: Neches

Re: winnsboro ?? - 06/27/15 02:56 AM

Im sure that post will get deleted by the PC mods on this forum
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum