Texas Fishing Forum

Why is it?

Posted By: junbengreat

Why is it? - 06/25/15 06:41 PM

They you see all the pros on social media posting big fish pictures they caught prefishing a tournament but come game day they have 5 small keepers?
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Why is it? - 06/25/15 06:58 PM

My guess is that their spot/spots don't hold up.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Why is it? - 06/25/15 07:29 PM

Same reason it happens to us
Posted By: MidloMan

Re: Why is it? - 06/25/15 07:59 PM

They could have gotten a bad draw. And by the time they got on the water someone was already on their spot. Just part of the game.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Why is it? - 06/25/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hookedon
Same reason it happens to us

like clockwork. I've about given up on prefishing for this reason haha. I do some much better when I "just go fishing".

I learned a great lesson back in college when Jason Christie met with our team. He used a great example- Say you are prefishing and find fish in an a specific are. When tournament time comes and the wind has changed, where are you going to fish? Right where you found those fish and you pretty much throw out the current conditions. Where if you were "just fishin" you would pull up to that windy bank on the other side of the cove and find the fish there. Not 100% accurate but you can definitely get the picture
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Why is it? - 06/25/15 08:11 PM

Because more big fish bite during the week when the lake has less pressure.

And also the "fish in the moment" deal.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Why is it? - 06/26/15 12:51 AM

Bass are notorious for disappearing on Tourn. Day. When the big motors are running down the lake they are conditioned to this. You have to go where no one else is going to fish as far away from the boat runs as possible. Having deep water fish is the key for less disturbed schools of bass holding on deep structure and deep irregular features on secondary points.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Why is it? - 06/26/15 06:20 AM

all the pro's? stay in the OT troll.
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Why is it? - 06/26/15 10:42 AM

yep happens to all of us, TonTon had 30lbs prefishing on Roberts, next morning should have slept late. What a partner!!!!:)
Posted By: junbengreat

Re: Why is it? - 06/26/15 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
all the pro's? stay in the OT troll.

Very insightful. Follow Gman on Facebook and you will know what I'm taking about.
Posted By: Bois d'arc

Re: Why is it? - 06/26/15 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Donald Harper
Bass are notorious for disappearing on Tourn. Day. When the big motors are running down the lake they are conditioned to this. You have to go where no one else is going to fish as far away from the boat runs as possible. Having deep water fish is the key for less disturbed schools of bass holding on deep structure and deep irregular features on secondary points.

Dude....you should write a book....seriously!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum