Texas Fishing Forum

Need a guide Lake Athens

Posted By: highcountry

Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 11:50 AM

Anybody know a good guide on Lake Athens? Here's the tough part... We would like to chase those big bluegills, as well as bass and other species. Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 11:59 AM

Got crickets ?
Posted By: J-2

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 01:09 PM

Greg West may be able to help you out.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 01:24 PM

When I was there last week, while eating in the restaurant, I picked up a business card for a guide out there. When I get home tonight and get the card I will post who it is.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 01:40 PM

Greg West is your man. I know he is pretty booked for next 6 days just give him a shout his website is gregwestfishing.com
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: J-2
Greg West may be able to help you out.
This guy. He saw me on Athens one day and told me where to catch fish since my youngest son was with me. Heck of a guy
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 03:27 PM

Greg West 214-557-0135
Posted By: DEFMP

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 03:30 PM

Andrew Grills is very skillful on Athens also. If Greg is booked, try Andrew.
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 04:23 PM

Nutman
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Nutman

this
lol for free
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bugzout10
Nutman

Nut...... Sounds like you have a business opportunity on your hands.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/25/15 10:15 PM

I'm too old to be a guide. I was going to stay away from this post because I don't fish for blue gills, heck I've never seen one in Athens. Caught a lot of crappie and sand bass while fishing for LMB,,,but since you called me out. I will be more than happy to share any information I have on Lake Athens with anyone that wants it.
I spend 3-4 evenings or mornings on the lake a week and if I am not at Fork for some dumba$$ tournament or down at falcon trying to catch a BIG ONE then I'll be on Athens.
I love the Lake Athens bass 2-4 pounders with regularity and an occasional 5-7lber will jump in there. Still want to catch of those DDs in LA and I'm sure I will.
send me a PM,,,,I'll tell you what/where I did the best on the last time I went out.
There is always enough fish in LA for everyone tocatch and enjoy. Just share the space and be nice.
My son and I did so well we had to go home and get his momma to come out and catch some with us. That is always fun.
Haven't fished there this week at all,,,,been traveling selling NUTS.....peanuts.
I always like to get info on other lakes, so reciprocation is appreciated.
Posted By: chunkin

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/26/15 01:26 AM

Jim Brack
972 849 5698
See him every time Im out there.
Posted By: Darryl Roach

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/26/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: chunkin
Jim Brack
972 849 5698
See him every time Im out there.

Good guy and very knowledgeable.

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/26/15 11:11 AM

Thanks guys! I'll contact your choices, and hope one of them is willing to help us out...
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/26/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
Greg West 214-557-0135

+1
Posted By: Athens Guide Svc

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/26/15 02:18 PM

PM sent.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/29/15 01:28 AM

Just wanted to give a thumb & thank you to Greg West for offering to help me launch this morning. I was with my young nephew who can't help. Greg was waiting for his clients, saw me launching solo, came & introduced himself...backed me in, parked my truck and then even offered some advice. Unfortunately it didn't payoff for us, but what a great gesture. If I ever wanted a guide for Athens I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to that guy.

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/29/15 11:11 AM

Frankly, Jim and Greg may be great guides, but neither have responded to our inquiries, so we have gone to "plan B". I assume they are only interested in guiding for largemouth.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/29/15 02:05 PM

@ highcountry: It looks like Jim sent you a Private Message on 6/26 (3 posts up), check your inbox.

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/29/15 06:54 PM

Mark, I did check my inbox and there was no message. In fact I sent him both a PM and email, and got no response. UPDATE: I did get a response from Jim this morning, and as expected, he focuses on largemouth. Thanks for the response, Jim!
Posted By: bassdoode

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/29/15 09:38 PM

greg west without a doubt. He was my boat captain for a couple high school events and is a good friend as well. very humble guy.

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/30/15 10:40 AM

UPDATE: Greg called last night, and seems like a terrific guy... We made plans to hit Athens. Thanks to everyone who recommended him!
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Need a guide Lake Athens - 06/30/15 10:45 AM

Jim Brack
Athens Guide Service
972-849-5698
Jrb8495698@yahoo.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum