Texas Fishing Forum

Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica

Posted By: HornedFrog'07

Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/23/15 10:20 PM

My Uncle is in town this week and weekend and I'm looking to put him on some fish within an hour or so of DFW. He moved to Costa Rica 25 years ago and started a fishing guide service. He was pretty successful but has now gotten into mining gold in central America so his fishing days have been limited over the past 10 years or so. His passion has always been to catch anything that swims and I was hoping to bring back some memories this week with him and take him out. After all, he taught me how to bass fish when I was a kid.

I realize my options are limited but if anyone has some ideas on where to go and what to throw so he can relive his bass fishing days, I would appreciate it.

PM if you'd rather.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 12:24 AM

from dallas lake fork is about and hour and a half,..look around and see if you can get a guide for the day,..
most local lakes are so high it would be tough to just go out fishing,..
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 12:39 AM

Athens has been fishing pretty good lately.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 01:32 AM

Ya got to love these posts!!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 02:26 AM

Athens probably or cedar creek. I can catch 20-40 fish a day on cedar creek right now fishing weightless worms around flooded bushes, shakey heads on docks and shallow points and cranks around docks. Not much size but if u put trolling motor down and start fishing u will catch them
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 10:20 AM

I heard CC has really been turned on.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 01:56 PM

Make sure he has at least a one day fishing license. Hate to see him get a fine or an arrest. Better safe than sorry. Spend the $16 for a non resident one day. It will bring him luck.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 03:14 PM

Fork
Posted By: CJ.Skeeter

Re: Uncle's in Town From Costa Rica - 06/24/15 05:05 PM

Fork + frogs = fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum