Texas Fishing Forum

Fizzing a bass

Posted By: lodell23

Fizzing a bass - 06/23/15 10:01 PM

I've heard that you should fizz them underwater where you can see the air bubbles coming out and i've also heard that doing it underwater can allow water into the swim bladder and can kill the bass... so which is the correct way of doing it? Under water or above? Thanks
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/23/15 10:06 PM

Under slightly but dont let it all out. Thats how you tell air is being released. Only enough to allow fish to right itself. Plenty of videos online
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/23/15 11:08 PM

Either way seen it done both ways I do it out of water with no problems.
Posted By: Leever

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/24/15 02:49 AM

Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/24/15 12:39 PM

If you see bubbles coming out, then how can water get in?

I fizz them quite often in the live well under water. You gotta do it under water so you can see the bubbles and know you got the job done.

Here is the best video I've seen on fizzing a fish. Don't be afraid to practice on smaller fish you catch while fun fishing. This will allow you to be confident in what you're doing when you finally need to fizz that big fish during a tournament.

Posted By: reelswift

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/24/15 03:39 PM

Great video
Posted By: 10 lbs or bust

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/25/15 03:54 PM

biggest thing that was already mentioned is DO NOT let any more out than necessary. I do three bubbles to start.....if still not able to right itself Ill do three more. That normally is enough 99% of the time. I've helped out a good many weigh stations over the years and the number one problem is over fizzing. When that bass sinks like a rock to the bottom you just killed her.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Fizzing a bass - 06/26/15 01:06 PM

I use Flip Clips in the livewell to get them back balanced and they naturally stabilize.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum