Texas Fishing Forum

Sam Rayburn Property

Posted By: TxStLipRipper

Sam Rayburn Property - 06/21/15 09:35 PM

My dad is currently looking at buying some land on Rayburn. He's curious as to which part of the lake is best both fishing wise and scenery wise. Any help is appreciated!
Posted By: snickers

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/21/15 10:01 PM

I would look in the mill creek area because it is closer to Toledo bend
Posted By: RW1984

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/21/15 10:28 PM

It depends on what he wants. If he wants to be closer to a town then the Rayburn country area is real nice, but highly populated. I think they are developing some nice areas at veach basin that will have large lots. This area has good fishing, but is further away from any decent size city.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/21/15 10:35 PM

The whole lake is good and depends on your idea of best scenery. The south end looks cool but not necessarily the best fishing. Not a ton of property on the water either. Its mostly national forest.
Posted By: wacky freak

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/21/15 11:36 PM

Give crystal heigley a call at allaman reality by umphry pavilion. She can hook you up with whatever you are looking for
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 12:58 AM

Rayburn Country side if you want to be close to town. Broaddus side if you want more isolation. Call me anytime for assistance

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 01:10 AM

What about Caney Cove or Fire Tower Cove east of Zavala?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 02:44 AM

Never seen a house in either one. Preachers area towards caney has lakehouses
Posted By: RW1984

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 03:19 AM

Don't think there is any places in the Caney Cove itself. I have a place in the bayou village edition which has a boat ramp in it and is only about 4 miles from Caney Creek Park. There are a few places for sale in there, but it is more of a neighborhood than isolated places.
Posted By: undercover

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Skeeter443
Rayburn Country side if you want to be close to town. Broaddus side if you want more isolation. Call me anytime for assistance

Brian is as honest as they come. Give him a shout and he can help you out!
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 12:37 PM

As said above, the south end is more developed and would be closer to everyday facilities (restaurants, grocery stores, etc). Be aware, if you are considering anything in Rayburn Country, be sure to research the HOA dues and especially the water/sewer costs.

The northern end closer to Lufkin therefore will be closer to hospitals and your larger stores.

I would prefer the south/mid lake area like around Westwood, Letney, Plum Ridge, etc. There are some nice places around there for sale....it's reasonably priced and it's within good boat ride of Umphrey Pavilion and the areas that are fishing good right now.

As far as scenery, I think the north end of the lake is the best simply because it is less developed and more secluded.

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 06:14 PM

Thanks for all the help
Posted By: Corey Stanley

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 06:59 PM

I have a place in Mill Creek and we love the area. Good ramps and park that arent too far of a run to most of the lake, quiet neighborhood and just under 25 mins from my place to boat ramp at Six Mile on Tbend. So you can get the best of both, also only about 15-20 mins from Jasper.
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/22/15 07:50 PM

I ended up buying a lot and building my retirement home. I looked all over and can give you some pointers if you would like, just PM me. I looked from one end to the other and ended up between Broaddus and Pineland. I have lake front property.

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 12:17 AM

Which area would be best for year round fishing?
Posted By: Pearlandtexan

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 01:03 AM

I have a place in broaddus - Harvey creek area, and if I could find a way to make a living there I would move!
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 03:19 AM

IMO mid lake areas, Farmers to Veach is close enough to all areas that you can easily travel to any area on the lake.
Posted By: dflipper

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 04:39 AM

This is one of those post.......you know!
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 05:41 AM

Jasper County has substantially higher taxes.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Pearlandtexan
I have a place in broaddus - Harvey creek area, and if I could find a way to make a living there I would move!

Buy a pulpwood or chip truck !
Posted By: MtnHm203

Re: Sam Rayburn Property - 06/23/15 09:37 AM

I have a just under 2 acre lot - Section E2, Lot17, in Rayburn Country. 1/2 mile from the "Stump" Restaurant, and a mile from the Pavilion & Twin Dikes boat ramps. Lot is 200' x 396'. In the middle of Neches Drive - unimproved lot -fully treed.

For Sale

CHEAP
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum