Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork...enough said

Posted By: txfsh

Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 07:52 AM

The wife and I went to Fork for a small bass tournament and spent the last couple days fishing it. Its hard to believe that as hard as that lake gets pounded it still produces. The first day I caught 5 which dont sound like much but since I haven't caught that many in weeks it was a great day for me...not so much for the wife tho. Yesterday for the tournament I caught 10 and the wife caught 9. I took 2nd in the tournament and the wife took 3rd. We had a great time and made some memories. Thanks to a friend of mine that showed us where to fish and what to fish with. Lake Fork definately deserves its reputation!
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 01:17 PM

Congrats to you and the wife on a great trip! thumb
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 01:20 PM

Bite was pretty good yesterday. Congrats. Fork can be great and humble you at the same time. Glad you guys had some fun.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SRitchey

Hell! Congrats to getting your wife to go fishing with you! I wouldn't care if I caught anything if I could convince my wife to even go. You won, before you caught a thing.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 01:49 PM

The bite was good on Fork yesterday
No overs but 11 unders and 5 slot fish
Not bad since I only caught one fish during the Skeeter
Posted By: CrankBass

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 05:04 PM

What patterns were working well for you in Saturday. Struggled to get a bite myself.

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Hell! Congrats to getting your wife to go fishing with you! I wouldn't care if I caught anything if I could convince my wife to even go. You won, before you caught a thing.

Thanks to all. It only took 38 years to go but I think I finally wore her down. She is actually liking it but not a fanatic like me....yet!

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: CrankBass
What patterns were working well for you in Saturday. Struggled to get a bite myself.

What worked for us was real shallow grass, not more than 4 feet.
Posted By: Do-Nothin

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 08:31 PM

Friday I caught one on a DS in 10ft and one slot in 21ft on a C-rig. Also caught a big sandbass on the C-rig. Tough for us on Fri, got a quality sunburn though. LOL
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: txfsh
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Thanks to all. It only took 38 years to go but I think I finally wore her down. She is actually liking it but not a fanatic like me....yet!
well
Only 38 years? Haha. Look like I got about 15 years of inviting her to go until she says yes. Lol.

Congrats again.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/21/15 09:17 PM

Potato grass on wind blown points, 5 inch hollow bellies rigged on Owner Flashy spinner, park and cast, no noise. Fish it very slow, just like fishing a worm and letting it drop all the way to bottom. Caught 8 yesterday to 22.5 inches, one under.

Posted By: skins84

Re: Lake Fork...enough said - 06/22/15 12:10 AM

Congrats on a good day at Fork. I haven't been able to put 19 in the boat in a day at Fork so far this year. I struggled to get 5 fish Sat afternoon and evening. 1999-2000 is the last time I remember the lake fishing this tough for me thru this point in the year. I will admit fishing shallow is not my strong point and shallow seems to be the best bite so far this year. Glad you found something working well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum