Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar creek thefts UPDATE!!!!

Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Cedar creek thefts UPDATE!!!! - 06/19/15 02:13 PM

Just had our fishing and tool shed broken into and cleaned out at cedar creek lake. Trade wind coves the southern most creek of the 2 if any of Yall fish cedar creek allot it's the property with the brand new dock and no house just foundation. Our house burnt down 3 years ago caught the guy on trail camera but can't make out his face very well because he didn't turn on lights. But enough for good description they stole many tools and all our catfish gear, hooks, line weights saltwater rods and reels including a 4/0 senator on a 6'6" penn stand up rod has 100lb braid on it white in color. Tried to break into dock shed but failed. Looks like they used boat not truck. Yard wasn't disturbed and gate was locked. This is very close to where the boat/motor was stolen last week. if u have property in this area set up cameras especially if your not at house every day.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 02:20 PM

I hate to hear this kind of thing! Make sure you do a Police report as I have had stuff like this happen to me. Had a Small bass boat stolen one time at Texoma and about a year later the sheriff office call and said that they had it and I got it back after over a year. Good Luck!
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 02:58 PM

I hope someone catches them in the act and shoots them dead on the spot. I hate thieves more than anything. If those dang meth heads (and thieves in general) would actually get up off their butts and earn things the hard way, this world would be so much better.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 03:01 PM

Sorry for your loss Jake. Keep after them; they will be caught sooner or later.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 03:31 PM

Ughhhh, sorry to hear that Jake.

There aren't many worse feelings than getting property taken from you.
Posted By: sonicpopo

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 03:37 PM

this applies to everyone who wants to protect their stuff; when u put up cameras unless they are made for the dark install at least 4 500 watt flood lights that will cover the areas where ur cameras face. have then set to the same motion setting as the cameras. most folks will LOOK toward a light suddenly turned on at night its just something we do.
Posted By: DEADSTICKER

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 03:39 PM

meth heds are bad around cedar creek right now. must be a fresh batch circulating around the lake. tongue locked my boat and pulled all my gear that heat dosent bother in the boat. pain in the rear ! will definitely keep my ears and eyes open for any leads..will absolutely blow a kneecap off any thief I catch.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 03:43 PM

That's a real bummer, Jake. Fortunately, the Lake Fork thefts of fishing gear seem to have subsided.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
That's a real bummer, Jake. Fortunately, the Lake Fork thefts of fishing gear seem to have subsided.

wonder why confused
Posted By: OldCrow

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 04:44 PM

I feel for you Jake, sorry. Def do the police report. Check pawn shops too.

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 08:32 PM

Thanks guys we got one of the people on camera very good face and all it was a women to looked like one one or two men and a women
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DEADSTICKER
meth heds are bad around cedar creek right now. must be a fresh batch circulating around the lake. tongue locked my boat and pulled all my gear that heat dosent bother in the boat. pain in the rear ! will definitely keep my ears and eyes open for any leads..will absolutely blow a kneecap off any thief I catch.
Its always been like that around there.
Posted By: cbow44

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 09:24 PM

Post the pictures on here, maybe someone will recognize them. Shoot put the pictures on facebook too. find them humiliate them git'em caught.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 09:30 PM

That sucks Jake, sorry y'all got burglarized.

Hopefully someone will recognize the scumbags and they will get locked up, at the least!
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 09:39 PM

We are staying after them sir!
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/19/15 09:43 PM

That sucks. Scum of the earth! I hope they catch them. Definitely file a report.

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/20/15 12:48 AM

I'll get some pics up tonight we already have identified one women from asking the local pawn shop. Other women has very unique and large Tattoo across here chest and we have pretty good pics of her. One makes was seen but didn't get good pics of him only of him leaving. They struck between 11:30-12:00 and then came back around 6:30-6:50 I woke up late and didint make it down to lake house until 8am I planned to be there around 6-6:30am they got lucky. My grandad doesn't ask questions before he shoots if ur stealing.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/20/15 12:58 AM

Scum. My buddy was at Rayburn last week
and first day he went fishing they
went thru his tent and stole some stuff.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/20/15 03:51 AM

Pics?

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 01:11 AM

Gonna wait till after we discuss case further with Sheffield department for pics.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 01:34 AM

Seriously tho Hope you get all your stuff back
Posted By: Frenzy

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 01:53 AM

I don't much about the Fork incidents, I've never had one, but I'm fortunate to have a retired cop who's next door to my RV spot who's a full timer there.

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175

Seriously tho Hope you get all your stuff back

Haha ya except replace that deer with a meth pipe
Posted By: OldCrow

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 02:37 AM

Not sure what that is, I mean I know a fawn when I see one, but the other??? smile
Posted By: JAT15650

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 02:53 AM

We were fishing at the Police Games at Lake LBJ on the 10th and 11th of this monty and we had ALL kinds of stuff stolen. In the 4 to 5 thousand range. Also 5 boats were tampered with and now not running. Never would have thought but learned a valuable lesson. Yall watch yalls 6 and lock up there's always someone wanting what you have.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 12:24 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I cringe thinking about thieves stilling my stuff. Get a Rope!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/21/15 01:39 PM

A friend I was prefishing with at the Central Opens thinks it's "ok" to leave rods strapped to boat decks at restraunts in Jackson Mississippi. Lol He, obviously, hasn't been in a rough part of town before. He didn't understand why I un strapped all my Steez stuff and our it in his truck EVERYTIME. And, even then. I wanted to get my food "to go" and eat in the boat, on the trailer. Haha

He's from WS. I'm from Dallas. I work in south Dallas and see crime and theft multiple times a day. It sucks. It's almost 99% drug/alcohol related in some way, shape, or form. If it was simply poverty related, I'd almost have a chance of understanding it. Would never approve of it.

I have been a victim of theft three times in 47 years. I haven't been a victim in around 20 years. I am ALWAYS proactive. Thrives like easy targets. The easy ones usually get hit. Make it difficult for the thief and likely the thief will pass you up and go to the easy target. Sucks but true.
Posted By: marktz96

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 06/22/15 06:30 PM

That is terrible

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/17/15 06:17 PM

Ok guys so the tool police got warrants for 2 of the people from the video we have of them steeling our stuff. Who knows if anything will stick, im sure they will post bail and skip court date and then get arrested again for not showing up. Didnt get any of our stuff back. But its good to know the Tool police departments and the Sheriff department where able to find them and arrest them.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/17/15 06:29 PM

That is good news anyway, i hope you get something out of it, if not at least they will be lock up for a couple of hours anyways.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/17/15 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: JAT15650
We were fishing at the Police Games at Lake LBJ on the 10th and 11th of this monty and we had ALL kinds of stuff stolen. In the 4 to 5 thousand range. Also 5 boats were tampered with and now not running. Never would have thought but learned a valuable lesson. Yall watch yalls 6 and lock up there's always someone wanting what you have.

Geees I was actually thinking about starting to fish that this year. Guess I'm glad I didn't.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/17/15 07:12 PM

Crook arrest. means crook gets a rest for a day or two. then back to work
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/17/15 08:02 PM

I wonder if they had my son in laws gun with them when they were arrested. His window was knocked out on his truck and ransacked at the 198 ramp a couple of months back.
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/18/15 05:09 PM

was at the police games also and boy was i glad i took my stuff in to retie and put some new line on! my fellow ofc didnt fair so well, his son left the center box unlocked and all his jigs and other baits were taken, but no boat damage. That kid was frakin pissed but learned a good lesson about how far aholes will go to ruin your weekend and take your stuff. I only wish one of us caught them in the act! would have been a long hospital stay for the thief!
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Cedar creek thefts - 07/18/15 07:06 PM

video???
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum