Texas Fishing Forum

New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork

Posted By: FACSR

New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 04:12 PM

Accidentally kicked a brand new Falcon Bucco micro guide 7' MH rod with a brand new Lews Speed spool on it out of the boat Sunday at the Skeeter tournament, has about 30 minuets of use on it. If someone wants to look for it they can get a pretty nice set up cheap. I marked GPS coordinates where it went down, but consider the wind was out of the south so I'm sure it drifted off these coordinates it had a c-rig on it with a 3/4 oz.weight on it and it sunk pretty fast. good luck on the hunt!.
Just west of 515e bridge @
N32.53.021
W095.37.905
Posted By: CLedbetter

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 05:08 PM

Ouch! Well if I ever reel it up when I am out at fork (unlikely since I only go about once a year), I will give you a shout.

Kinda makes you wonder what kind of goodies you could find if you went scuba diving in the area lakes...

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Consul1855
Ouch! Well if I ever reel it up when I am out at fork (unlikely since I only go about once a year), I will give you a shout.

Kinda makes you wonder what kind of goodies you could find if you went scuba diving in the area lakes...

No if you find it you keep it , its my own fault its down there to start with
Posted By: Nutman

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 06:41 PM

Which 515 bridge and on which side of the bridge ?
I understand the west end.
Maybe I can catch a rod n reel since I cannot catch fish
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: FACSR
Accidentally kicked a brand new Falcon Bucco micro guide 7' MH rod with a brand new Lews Speed spool on it out of the boat Sunday at the Skeeter tournament, has about 30 minuets of use on it. If someone wants to look for it they can get a pretty nice set up cheap. I marked GPS coordinates where it went down, but consider the wind was out of the south so I'm sure it drifted off these coordinates it had a c-rig on it with a 3/4 oz.weight on it and it sunk pretty fast. good luck on the hunt!.
Just west of 515e bridge @
N32.53.021
W095.37.905

So did you catch any fish there? Or just lose the rod?

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 07:00 PM

no fish was caught there, but I did catch some slot fish further up the lake
Posted By: Bissett

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 07:37 PM

I'm very curious to see if anyone has any luck finding it lol
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman

His post says, "just west of 515e", I assuming the "e" was for the east bridge...
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/18/15 09:32 PM

The GPS data says it's on north of the 515 bridge on the West side of the lake. It's seems it's about 50 -100 yards straight north of the first point you can go under the bridge from the hwy 17 public ramp.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/19/15 03:36 AM

I lost a castaway grass rake and a lews reel 2 years ago on the west end. Has slimy fish hands and went to grab the net and rod slid right outa my hand!! Bad enough to lose a DD fish. Worse to watch it swim off with your gear!!
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/19/15 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Consul1855

Ya little Caney owns my GoPro with about 4 hrs of killer bed fishing footage... Prob 70+ fish and 7-8 5 or better lb fish! I was sick!
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/19/15 11:25 AM

I knocked one in too, on the main lake point south side of little mustang. while picking up another rig the reel handle on the rig I picked up caught the line of another rig and overboard it went in 4 feet of water, gave up on snagging it after 30 minutes. you only lost out on the lews reel, I had a bucoo micro eye rod before, rod is good eyes are junk they keep popping off the rod.

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/19/15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: Nutman

His post says, "just west of 515e", I assuming the "e" was for the east bridge...

I put in at the public boat ramp closest to LFM and went immediately too an along side the 515 bridge I proceeded to pass under the bridge between the 2nd & 3rd set of pillars then I navigated West or North West about 100 to 150 yards where I like a dumb [censored] lost my brand new combo as mentioned in my original post, the GPS coordinates listed are spot on as too where it went under water. So calculating the strong South, South east wind that day and being if memory serves me right about 30 feet of water it probably drifted 25 to 30 yards before resting on the bottom. Thats the nearest I can put you to the spot.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/21/15 11:52 PM

I lost a rod on Palestine and immediately piced up a stick bait rod, undid the lure, stripped some line and threw it in.

After I snagged the first I grabbed the stick bait and pulled up my other.

Friend thought I was nuts!!
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: New Rod & Reel Overboard at Fork - 06/22/15 03:15 AM

So did you throw in a second rod, then retrieved both by picking up the stick bait lure? Your description of events seems vague.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum