Texas Fishing Forum

$$Reward$$

Posted By: txtroutklr

$$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 02:57 PM

Howdy!

Long shot here, but doesn't hurt to try...

I was fishing Fayette & lost my favorite bone Vixen with brand new Owner Stingers, if found and returned I will pay $50 cash!!! I went to swing a fish in & my brand new 17 popped with the lure pegged on the lower half of its jaw.

Please pm me if found or with questions.

Thanks!
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 03:40 PM

I got it Dave will bring it to your wedding, ate the fish last night!

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 06:12 PM

Thanks bro!
Posted By: catslayer

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 06:16 PM

??? for real? like is this a joke? cause that's wild

ps if that's an original vixen... 50 might be cheap lol

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 07:16 PM

It's for real & if it turns up you never know the bounty could go up...lol

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 08:00 PM

On EBAY Dave, you can get 2 of them:

Reaction Innovations Vixen,Bone

$22.99
Buy It Now
Color is # Bone. Model 4.75 in. 3/4oz. New on Card. Mint Condition. Current rates apply. Current rates apply.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Kisndismis
On EBAY Dave, you can get 2 of them:

$22.99
Buy It Now
Color is # Bone. Model 4.75 in. 3/4oz. New on Card. Mint Condition. Current rates apply. Current rates apply.

Prety sure those are new ones... they sound differnt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Reaction-Innovations-Vixen-Silver-Shiner-/251998250877

look at packaging

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 08:20 PM

To you or the fish? Lures are packaged to catch fisherman, not fish, you guys must have too much time on your hands to shake these things next to your ear, or dive in the deep end of the pool while your girlfriend throws one and you listen to it underwater ( author of this post, personal friend of mine, know he used to do this !!)

Besides, catching fish at Fayette is not a hard thing to do with any presentation IMO, doubt they could tell you a difference in the rattles either, but apparently you two guys can and believe in it so much you would have an argument with a sane person about it.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 08:44 PM

The new ones have a steel rattle & the originals have a lead rattle, totally different pitch & sound.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 08:57 PM

I will let you borrow my fairy wand and throw the new one, its got PP 30lb braid on it, you wont be able to tell the difference.

Like KY and Astroglide a hot beaver cant tell, only difference is the packaging trust me.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 09:12 PM

I will let you borrow my fairy wand and throw the new one, its got PP 30lb braid on it, you wont be able to tell the difference.

Like KY and Astroglide a hot beaver cant tell, only difference is the packaging trust me.

yes... you can, unless your deaf... Cause they sound TOTALLY differnt...

I mean they sound the same like a Cello and Violin sound the same, same idea, same physics... But NOT the same bud

I referenced packaging because it is easy to tell old vs new in box
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 09:12 PM

There is a difference
Hardware attachments are different too

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 09:13 PM

Sorry about your lure
I throw my originals on 65 lb braid
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 11:12 PM

I know where there's a proven original for $100 banana

Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/18/15 11:57 PM

I found one floating in Lake fork 3-4 years ago with bent trebles.still havent caught a fish on it tho

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 12:09 AM

Thanks, I am hoping it turns up....you never know. I probably should start throwing them on braid
Posted By: Reds Bass Guide on Sandlin

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 02:58 AM

I lost one on Fork three or four yrs ago. Had bent treble hooks. Would love to have it back ..

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 03:11 AM

Right... Sorry to hijack your thread troutklr
This the old or new one?

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 02:05 PM

Bumpy

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
Right... Sorry to hijack your thread troutklr
This the old or new one?

NEW

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 03:05 PM

I added the split ring how do you tell

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/19/15 08:15 PM

If you added the split ring up front then I would have to see the hook attachments. The eye that is molded into the body is different than the original version.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 01:15 PM

Monday bump
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 01:28 PM

So if the steel ball is replaced with lead then they are worth in excess of 100.00? who cares about the hardware settings correct? it's the pitch that gets em....Looks like this is possible. Who wants a vixen for 50.00 in bone with lead ball in back?

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 01:32 PM

Out of curiosity, I bought an Academy H20 that looked like this, walks the dog real easy, but did not catch anything. Dave can I buy you a couple of these for a wedding present/will you use them? Think they were $3.99 each!!!

BUT the Tennesse shad Balsa B that I pd $8.99 for does sound different than the Rapala I took off the rod I used it on, to be clear but thats a wood/plastic debate. It caught a couple of small ones.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 01:37 PM

Sounds like you may have to raise the reward $$$ now.
Posted By: cayuro

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 01:39 PM

wow i want it too

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/22/15 02:31 PM

If the exact bait is found, the reward could go up...

H2O's as a wedding gift? Sure...

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/25/15 03:48 PM

Up
Posted By: timwins31

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/25/15 03:58 PM

Lol. . . The new ones don't look or sound the same as the old ones do in the water. They also don't catch fish as well and anyone who threw the old ones knows it. For some reason I doubt you've ever actually held one.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/25/15 06:16 PM

popcorn

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/27/15 06:45 PM

Bump

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/29/15 05:47 PM

Up

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/29/15 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: timwins31

Lol. . . The new ones don't look or sound the same as the old ones do in the water. They also don't catch fish as well and anyone who threw the old ones knows it. For some reason I doubt you've ever actually held one.

Your right, they cant get me to pay that for a f** fishing lure, but they can make some of you, and they have the same power to make you pay $350 for a cooler and $30 for an insulated coffee cup, and have you believe all 3 are superior to whats out there. Why don't yall start a petition and tell them that the R&D guys they pay have it all wrong and all of yall know more about lures and fishing than they do. Over and out.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/29/15 09:58 PM

No reason to get butt hurt bro... and its really not that much for a bait, not when you look at the swim baits!

Ps We did a test at work on the yeti cups and a Styrofoam coffee cup, we measured the temp of one ever 15 mins. I can post the results... Pretty convincing...

Re: $$Reward$$ - 06/30/15 05:18 AM

Not gonna lie I've never paid 20 bucks for an original Vixen but I guarantee that I'm not selling the ones I have for 50+ each

But then again I learned about them early wen they were still in production

Re: $$Reward$$ - 07/03/15 06:48 PM

Btt

Re: $$Reward$$ - 07/06/15 03:48 PM

Monday move

Re: $$Reward$$ - 07/12/15 03:33 PM

Any luck?

Re: $$Reward$$ - 07/24/15 05:09 PM

Still nothing?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: $$Reward$$ - 07/24/15 06:47 PM

IMO the paycheck version sounds the closest to the old vixens, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzx6gNeXCpk
I honestly have more confidence in the repo mans than the new vixens but the old vixens are still the best.

Re: $$Reward$$ - 08/02/15 05:51 PM

I guess she is gone forever...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum