Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter question

Posted By: wacky freak

Skeeter question - 06/18/15 11:39 AM

My nephew has a 2000 model zx 202. Has anyone ever mounted a recess tray for trolling motor in this year model boat and has anyone ever bought any seat from boatseats.net for this boat? If so let me know how you like the seats and if there were any problems with mounting seats or recess for trolling motor foot pedal.
thanks.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Skeeter question - 06/18/15 01:01 PM

I have not myself but have seen year mods with the trays. If possible find someone that has experience installing them. Not sure where it would be located but some of the decks are wood and some have metal doors and decks.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Skeeter question - 06/18/15 01:21 PM

With the recess pedal I think you just have to make sure that it's back far enough to not hit the hull support braces. I've read about several people who have installed them and no problems doing it.
Posted By: RO519

Re: Skeeter question - 06/18/15 01:58 PM

Check out Bass Boat Central. They have sub forums with each boat manufacturer. Someone in the skeeter forum may be able to help you a little. When I put a recessed tray in my 99 Ranger I got some good info from the Ranger forum on Bass Boat Central.
Posted By: JBellZX250

Re: Skeeter question - 06/18/15 02:06 PM

I have a 2000 ZX202 as well and have installed a recessed foot control tray with zero issues. I have been using it for 3 years now. Measure lots so that you do not cut the hole too big! I used the aluminium tray that Bass Pro sells.

As far as seats go I have had an upholstery shop recover my seat bottoms because I wanted to keep the factory look as well as the under seat cooler and storage. I am not aware if boatseats.net are set up for folding seat bottoms or not. I think I spent $150 per seat bottom for new upholstery but they look fantastic so it was worth every penny.
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Skeeter question - 06/18/15 02:21 PM

Oddly enough, I posted this a few days ago which is in a 2000 ZX202C.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...p;#Post10917441
Posted By: TtownBassDude

Re: Skeeter question - 06/19/15 02:49 AM

vsboatcarpeting did mine hes on ray bob. its a huge game changer!!!! he did carpet inside which keeps it clean looking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum