Texas Fishing Forum

Rain

Posted By: tricky

Rain - 06/16/15 02:47 PM

With more heavy rain on is way to North Texas, I am wondering when they will be able to open boat ramps on Lew and Roberts.
Seems to me they could of drained more water and been in better shape for this next event.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 02:56 PM

You should apply, maybe they would hire you being an expert and all
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 03:33 PM

"Drained more water"

Genius plan
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 03:47 PM

He just asked a question.... No need to be dicks about it......

The Trinity basin is flooded sir, they can't release more than they are....it is what it is...

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 03:59 PM

The Trinity is not nearly as swollen as it was a couple weeks ago.
Big shots behind the computer screen, never a shortage. Never a shotage of Punks face to face either.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: tricky
With more heavy rain on is way to North Texas, I am wondering when they will be able to open boat ramps on Lew and Roberts.
Seems to me they could of drained more water and been in better shape for this next event.
I bet they are releasing all they can, if this next system hits around here we just as well hang up our poles until fall or next year.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 05:43 PM

Big shots behind the computer screen, never a shortage. Never a shotage of Punks face to face either.

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 05:45 PM

The Trinity River down here is every bit as swollen as it was a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
The Trinity River down here is every bit as swollen as it was a couple weeks ago.
beat me to it. we generally worry only about our own backyard. rain downstream has to be treated like water from our lakes.

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 06:26 PM

My bad, wasnt wanting anyone flooded out. Just judging from the level going through Dallas.
Looks like Lew is dropping a little over a foot per week. Gonna be a while.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 06:27 PM

It allllll flows DOWN STREAM! And it does not just all FLUSH at one time. It takes time for the run off from "UP NORTH" to make it allllll the way down. Right now we are still getting flow from up north from the last few weeks. So each of the Water Managing Entities have to coordinate with the DOWN STREAM Entities to keep from BLOWING THEM OFF THE MAP!!!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 07:36 PM

Like said the Trinity river as well as others are still at flood stage down here it will take some time to get things back to normal.

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 07:41 PM

I should of never posted this.
Seems kind of silly worrying about when we can fish our lakes when reality some people could be flooding out.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 07:54 PM

I should of never posted this.
Seems kind of silly worrying about when we can fish our lakes when reality some people could be flooding out.
it's not silly. It's that there is a lot of water to shed. And some folks were/are far more effected by the excessive rains we had.... And are fixing to get.

I myself thought I was lucky a few weeks ago. My house in Dallas is on high ground. No worries. But, my house at San Luis Pass (Galveston), is only reachable by boat at this current moment in time. Huge storm surge. So, while some get "it"... Some don't. It's life.

I didn't read where you attacked anyone. Just made comments. Some of these fishin dudes like to get ramped up pretty quick. That's all.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 08:00 PM

all you see is the Elm Fork, what about the river after the confluence of the 3 branches?
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Rain - 06/16/15 08:04 PM

... I mean... You can sink houston... I avoid it any way smile

I KID, I KID!
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Rain - 06/17/15 02:11 PM

Soooooo How much rain are you boys getting up north????

Re: Rain - 06/17/15 03:17 PM

It has been raining fairly heavy most of this morning. Supposed to get worse in the next couple hours.
I apologize for blowing a fuse on you guys yesterday morning,My bad.
How much rain have you gotten down South?
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Rain - 06/17/15 03:23 PM

I fish LL RR GV often, but if I want to fish, I'm heading east. No telling when we can get back on.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Rain - 06/17/15 03:25 PM

... a bunch... and it is ALL running off it seems in the metro mess... really need it to rotate west but idk...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum