Texas Fishing Forum

Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide

Posted By: Okhissa2

Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 02:37 AM

I just wanted to give a Thank you to Darold Gleason owner of South Toledo Bend Guide service ,, I wanted to book at trip for my son and myself to learn TB a little better and really dial in on our Electronics and Deep fishing. Darold was Great at talking with us both and telling us what types of areas he likes to look for when targeting Deep fish and he did a Great job on building my confidence up in what to look for and what I was seeing, and Explaining all of it to my son.. We also did alittle fishing to boot and ended up on a Few good groups and 1 really Special group him and my son pulled about 10 fish out of between 3 to 8 lbs,, Our Best 5 for the day went alittle better then 29 lbs. Here is a couple pictures of 2 doubles Darold and my son caught and a couple of the Bigger fish.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 02:50 AM

Darold is defiantly one of the good ones, congrats on a great day for you and your son
Posted By: JimmyP

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 03:07 AM

Great guy. Doesn't get any better.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 03:42 AM

Great young man, really good guide and great fisherman. Finished just out of the top 10 at the Bass Masters Elite on Kentucky Lake, but will here much more of him in the years to come.
He knows that lake.
Great report, great photos! Glad ya'll had a good time.
Hope he took ya'll over to Fin and Feather Resort for lunch/? and met Tom (owner), aka Trunk on here. Really good people too. thumb
God Bless
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 05:08 PM

We didn't get to go by Fin and Feathers but he did say they had some good food, we will have to try it one day for sure .. Thanks Billy
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 06:35 PM

thumb
Posted By: 67TexasTBend

Re: Had a Great trip / South Toledo Bend Guide - 06/16/15 09:47 PM

Okhissa, your trip sounds like the trip my son and me had with Darold last summer. about 35 or so Bass from 2lbs up to 9lbs. Darold's a great guy, and a great fisherman. He was a teacher before he started fishing full time, so he does really well with the kids. Where did y'all meet up with him at, or launch from?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum