Texas Fishing Forum

Table Rock Reports or general info needed?

Posted By: horseplaydvm

Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/15/15 11:44 PM

Here at Table Rock for a few days and brought my boat to do some fishing while we are here. Never fished this lake and wondered if any one on here has any info to point me in the right direction. Any kind of bass fishing preferred. Thanks!
Posted By: Barn

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 12:41 AM

Try here:
http://forums.ozarkanglers.com/forum/5-table-rock-lake/
Posted By: Dr. Hook

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 01:13 AM

YouTube Pete Wenners. He does a great job of providing a weekly fishing report. Also, from my personal experience, try Cape Fair area and to the North...

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 01:37 AM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Hook
YouTube Pete Wenners. He does a great job of providing a weekly fishing report. Also, from my personal experience, try Cape Fair area and to the North...

Fouzman and I fished with Pete...GREAT GUY!!! Best lake report I have seen on youtube or anywhere for that matter. Really an awesome guy.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 01:39 AM

Creek Points on the creek channel bends - I would think they are starting to move a little deeper again.

Get your Ned Rig ready!
Posted By: fish 4 5

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 02:03 AM

James river arm to the north side and Kings river on the south side. Fish Kings way into Arkansas. Always some crank bait fish down there.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 02:32 AM

Doc, X2 on Pete Wenners. Consummate professional. Best, most comprehensive online fishing reports I've ever viewed. Simply an enjoyable day on the water. Fishing was off but I learned a ton, caught my first smallies and saw a good bit of the lake.

Thx again to Judy and krawlin47 for having us up to their place AND introducing us to Pete. Book him if you can thumb
Posted By: pagemaster

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 04:58 AM

Was there last June and going back next Sunday for a week. I fished around the indian point area and wore them out on zell pops
and shaky head trick worms. Mostly smallmouth.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 06:38 PM

We are staying at Indian Point. Thanks again for all the info!

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/16/15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Doc, X2 on Pete Wenners. Consummate professional. Best, most comprehensive online fishing reports I've ever viewed. Simply an enjoyable day on the water. Fishing was off but I learned a ton, caught my first smallies and saw a good bit of the lake.

Thx again to Judy and krawlin47 for having us up to their place AND introducing us to Pete. Book him if you can thumb
thumb
Posted By: TysonS

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/17/15 02:02 PM

I just got back from Table Rock on Sunday. We fished mid lake (Kimberling City).

We fished pretty shallow with top water early and then just moved back off the shore (still within casting distance of shore) and caught them on wacky and shakey heads. Points where you can find a little breeze are best.

Smallmouth bite was pretty solid and we caught some spotted bass also. No largemouth.
Posted By: pagemaster

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/20/15 12:32 PM

If anyone has info on Table Rock Lake after all the rain they received please share. I'm leaving in the morning.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/20/15 01:56 PM

Only fished a couple hours due to storms and boat traffic. Caught fish on drop shot and shaky head in 10-30 ft of water. Lots of fish attractors in that lake that show up on Lowrance Insight map or Navionics as well. Lost a big one on 10 lb line! bang
Beautiful lake but the water is super clear and the recreational boat traffic is heavy after 10am.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/21/15 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: pagemaster
If anyone has info on Table Rock Lake after all the rain they received please share. I'm leaving in the morning.

I check in at Big Cedar tomorrow. I'll buy lunch and show you how we caught em last year if ya got room.

Krawlin ain't never called me!!
Posted By: Rockhound_Byars

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/21/15 05:05 PM

From the reports the lake is on the rise and open ramps are getting scarce.
Is this still the case?...we were going to head up for Juky 4th, but the high water reports have us second guessing.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/21/15 05:29 PM

I'll check the ramp at Big Cedar.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/21/15 06:26 PM

Ramp on Indian point was open and no charge to launch.

Re: Table Rock Reports or general info needed? - 06/23/15 05:08 AM

Rockhound..

Taneycomo is flowing like crazy but it is lower than it was last week according to several people and the debris on the shoreline.

With that being said they probably wouldn't decrease the discharge from Table Rock unless it was still more than flowing in so lake should be falling.

And the shoreline here at Big Cedar looks like it has not been any higher than it is now.

Should be fine for July 4th unless it gets more rain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum