Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 06:43 PM

any updates?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 06:56 PM

Lots of boats..... Fish are being caught. grin
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 07:09 PM

I tried to listen to weigh-in online but had to turn it off. The girl doing the live remote is not very bright. Wrong person for job. All I heard was lots of overs
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 07:59 PM

Saw one between 10 and 11 weighed in about an hour ago. I can't remember what the official weight was.
Posted By: Kevin Sharp

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck A
I tried to listen to weigh-in online but had to turn it off. The girl doing the live remote is not very bright. Wrong person for job. All I heard was lots of overs

Same here.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 08:14 PM

10.66 over
2.92 under are leading for day one. I think I would bet on the under winning a boat
Posted By: mudd

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 08:45 PM

2.92 wow. Lol
Posted By: CJ.Skeeter

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 08:46 PM

What hour was that weighed in? Anybody know?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: slim 285
10.66 over
2.92 under are leading for day one. I think I would bet on the under winning a boat

You can take this one to the bank, done deal
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
10.66 over

unless a 2.93 comes in popcorn
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: lakeforkfishon
Originally Posted By: Ranger1
10.66 over

unless a 2.93 comes in popcorn

too much exhaust inhalation for you! haha roflmao
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/13/15 11:53 PM

Only caught 1 today but it was the right one! It's toughhhh
Posted By: CJ.Skeeter

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 12:33 AM

I caught a nice 3.00 but had to throw it back. Sand bass don't count.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 01:15 AM

give the girls a break, how exciting do you expect fish weighing to be over the radio.
most of the people listening are the guys in the boats, keeping up with the times and the weights.
it's obvious they don't work for ESPN, I think they might work for KMOO, I love listening to their
'trying the best they can'...come on it's only fun.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 01:21 AM

wopics
Posted By: ChrisBlackmon95

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Tyler.Woods
Only caught 1 today but it was the right one! It's toughhhh

I seen your name on the list. Nicely done! We boated a lot of fish, just not the right ones.
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 04:52 AM

[quote=JIM SR.]give the girls a break, how exciting do you expect fish weighing to be over the radio.
most of the people listening are the guys in the boats, keeping up with the times and the weights.
it's obvious they don't work for ESPN, I think they might work for KMOO, I love listening to their
'trying the best they can'...come on it's only fun. [/

You are correct sir but you must not have tried to listen.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
wopics

Rather difficult to get photos over the radio.
grin

Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: phototex
Originally Posted By: senko9S
wopics

Rather difficult to get photos over the radio.
grin

I know what you are saying, but funny - that is how get so much info today. Over radio. waves.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 02:17 PM

Congrats to Mark Pack's team for winning the shoot out yesterday with a 2.15! clap
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 05:16 PM

What were the final winning weights for the boats?
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 05:37 PM

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/14/15 08:46 PM

Skeeter Boats takes care of their owners, thanks once again for a record breaking event! thumb
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 12:42 AM

We had an awesome time, it was all you guys told me, loads of fun. Even though it was HOT crowded, we enjoyed the event. Fishing was tough Sat & Sun only caught slot fish, was still exciting. Looking forward to next years.
texas
Posted By: Bigg Un

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 12:49 PM

Saturday was tough for us with only two caught...much better Sunday with around ten..one over 5 and one over 6 but nothing to take to the scales...still a good day of fishing...anybody notice the spelling on this year's rod??
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 01:00 PM

We crossed the stage 3 times, cashed 2 times.. You had to have a heavy 2 lber to get a ck.. The unders were chunks, obviously with a 2.92 winning the small fish award...
Windy as all get out where we found fish, I'm still tired from the T/M...
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Chuck A
Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
give the girls a break, how exciting do you expect fish weighing to be over the radio.
'trying the best they can'...come on it's only fun.

You are correct sir but you must not have tried to listen.

The best part of the broadcast was when she started talking about how pretty the mouth was on that fish. She literally spent about 2 minutes saying this fish had a nice mouth. .. man we had a good time at her expense the rest of the tournament.

We found a school of some huge fish on Sunday, and caught them like fast and furious. Largest one was 23 1/2 inches. We didn't get to weigh in, but that was one of the best days on the water we have had in some time. We could have killed at the TTBC. But ZERO for skeeter owners. Still we had a blast and won't forget this year's tourny for some time.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 02:20 PM

Anyone know what the final boat count was?

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 02:25 PM

I believe they had 2150 contestants and over 1000 boats.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 02:28 PM

What a great weekend! Thank you Skeeter for all of the goodies. Love the Costas and love the TFO. Every one was so friendly and in good spirits. LFM accidentally gave away my RV spot so we had to go down the road to Lake Fork Resort. Initially I was ticked and backing my camper out of the place wasn't too much fun but we got it done. I guess in hind sight it was a blessing because it was a lot less crowded and easy to get the boat in and out on the fishing days.

We didn't weigh in one fish but it is now obvious what the lure of Lake Fork is. We pulled up to our first spot on Saturday and had one of the best days of fishing I can remember in a long time. First a 6.0, then a 5.5, then a 4, then a 6.5, 5.8, 4.5, and on and on and on...... We caught 29 fish and only one was under the slot. There were three fish under four pounds but the majority were from five to seven pounds. Two of the fish were 23 inches and we just felt like any minute a 24 was going to strike. I would bet it's a short list of lakes where you can pull up to one spot and have that many chunks hit your bait. I get it now..... I'm all about some Lake Fork and can't wait to get back out there.

The girls on the radio were comic relief. The one gal, bless here heart, could not say "The 22nd annual Skeeter boat owner's tournament on Lake Fork" and screwed it up almost every time. Then after the one goes into great detail on the role Skeeter tries to play in conservation by not allowing dead fish, having the tanks, early weigh in, etc., the other girl says look at that nice under..... It's the perfect size for my frying pan! Oh my..... Then the other one tried to tell her about catch and release. It was too funny.... and just one flub up after another. I see why some turned it off but I had a few friends cashing checks so we kept it on. It was small town radio at its finest.

Great event Skeeter. If I had one critique it would be how hot it was under the main tent. I'm not sure if big fans would help. I think it's just June in Texas.

Will be back next year,
Jackson

Posted By: forkduc

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 06:32 PM

We caught 2 small fish between the 1.5 days and nothing pre fishing Friday. Fork 1, us 0!!!
We pretty much stayed north of the 515 E bridge.
Wonder what part of the lake was producing?
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/15/15 06:36 PM

How many boats were there? I swear I saw over 100 skeeters going home between Waco and Malakoff. Had to be a huge tournament
Posted By: Mayo

Re: Lake Fork Skeeter tournament - 06/17/15 02:52 PM

My brother and I finally figured them out first thing Saturday morning. He had an under we wanted to weigh so we hauled butt to the marina. By the time he got back to the boat I was ankle deep in water. His bilge pump and with skeeters portable one it still wasn't enough. We had to scoop the water out with buckets to get it on the trailer. A lot of the skeeter guys jumped in there and helped out. We were done after fishing for an hour and a half into the tourney. I really felt for my brother. We'd both been looking forward to this for a while and was our first tourney for both of us, big and small. His birthday was that Sunday. We'll definitely be back next year and I can't say enough about how nice and helpful the skeeter guys were.

I still wouldn't switch from my bass cat to skeeter. If anyone saw a white and red bass cat on Sunday fishing or at the marina that was me. I asked a lady working the tourney near the ramp to make sure no one torched it since I was the odd man out lol.

We can't wait till next year... smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum