Texas Fishing Forum

MK Fortrex ??

Posted By: 361V

MK Fortrex ?? - 06/12/15 08:08 PM

Just got off the water. This piece of hard plastic was sitting on front deck under my trolling motor. Appears to be a little less than 1/2 of a round plastic bushing of some type. I have a MK Fortrex 101. I can not for the life of me figure where it came from. Everything seems "tight & right" and can't find anything missing. Anyone recognize this part? Thanks, 361v.
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/12/15 08:46 PM

Could be the front trim of your boat
Posted By: ez_4_u00

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/12/15 10:17 PM

It's part of the plastic spacer for the pivet arm between the aluminum and head of the trolling motor. There are two, one on each side and they are a pain to replace by yourself but can be done. Replaced many of them on my old fortrex, give me a shout and I can walk you through it. All star in Lewisville usually has them.

469-383-4770
Mike
Posted By: Hotty Toddy

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 02:27 AM

I have had to change several sets on my Fortex Bushings on the pivot if ones side is bad the other is more than likely bad
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 02:34 AM

They are cheap. When you replace them use blue lock tight on the screws. Tighten it to 2 grunts.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 03:36 AM

Can you say M.G. mad
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Can you say M.G. mad

Can u say bent shaft??

As others have said, spacers. Just wear and tear.

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 02:51 PM

With the gator mount nada,have used them for years and no problem. Buddy of mine has had more #ell than a man on the wrong train with his fortex with switches etc. Take your tool box because if you break a rope or cable comes loose it is a major problem just to get motor up. I guess that's why the Elites use the shaft benders.
Posted By: gwl2

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 03:00 PM

I am on my second fortrex now due to selling a previous boat. I am hell on trolling motors and never had an issue with either of them. They are built better than any trolling motor out there in my opinion. I replaced my pull cord with a $30 cable from academy and never have to worry about that issue. I am sure just like any other mechanical device there is going to be an occasional issue but over all these things are built like a tank.
Posted By: gwl2

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 03:07 PM

By the way Pil. I dont know about all of the pros. But I know Ive seen a fortrex on Brandon palaniuk, Brent Ehler and Mike Iaconelli's boat to name a few.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 09:15 PM

Get you a motor guide when they Break the whole unit goes in the drink so you don't have to worry about fixing it. nuts

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/13/15 09:24 PM

That's the point they don't break. Go back and look on this forum about trolling motor problems and 80% are M.K. hammer
Posted By: 361V

Re: MK Fortrex ?? - 06/14/15 12:46 AM

Well, that went south! THANK YOU ez_4_u00 for your offer to help and info. Will look into purchasing the parts. Need to see a diagram. Will check online.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum