Texas Fishing Forum

Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek??

Posted By: JoeFriday

Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/09/15 09:01 PM

Trying to determine where to go on 6/20. Haven't been able to get out between the flooding and a high school graduation in the family. Right now, Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, and Cedar Creek are the leading contenders since my local lakes are a no go. I have never been on any of them. A buddy told me Cedar Creek is a docks lake, and it appears there are a ton there. Trying to avoid going over 2 hours away, so Cedar Creek is the furthest I want to go.

We've got another week and a half for the water to settle a little more. Of the three, which one would be the best? Are there any others within a 2 hour radius of Lewisville that should be considered? Thanks for any thoughts you have!
Posted By: Get'n Jiggy

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/09/15 09:32 PM

Cedar creek stripers
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/09/15 09:42 PM

Chambers or Bonham maybe?
Posted By: formula462

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/09/15 10:12 PM

Cedar Creek

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 12:10 AM

Thanks guys. Mark, never been to Bonham. Is there a lot of action there?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeFriday
Thanks guys. Mark, never been to Bonham. Is there a lot of action there?

Docks, reeds, shallow cover some deep brushpiles. Small enough you can fish the lake in a day.
Posted By: C.C. Near Nuthin

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 01:39 PM

Cedar Creek
Posted By: Slade

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 02:13 PM

I went to Cedar Creek for the first time last Saturday. I caught close to 20 fish, none of them where big but it's the most fish I have caught in one day in a long time. I'm debating where to go this weekend myself. Fork will be too crowded but I know the lake and it fishes big. joe Pool is still closed, I don't plan on going back to cedar creek two weeks in a row. I don't know Athens but I've thought about going there too.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread just saying Cedar Creek is fishing good right now for fish under 3#'s IMO
Posted By: E-bright

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 02:31 PM

I went to eagle yesterday and brought 10 in the boat. bunch of 2.5's. water was muddy everywhere even in the south end
Posted By: scott82

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 02:51 PM

I fished cedar creek for the 2 nd time Sunday. I caught a 5.38 on the morning bite at the dam as well as a few other small fish. The nats were awful. I also caught 15-20. Other than the 5 lb they where all small. I missed probably 10 fish and had 4 come off. I had 4 keepers total. Another guy in our small club tourny caught a 6.08 in about 12 fow at the dam. He was also able to caul 2 more of his smaller keeper there. He said they went there in the afternoon and the bugs were not bad at all. I can tell you it was definitely fun and a confidence booster to catch that many fish and get that many bites.

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/10/15 04:13 PM

Thanks guys. It's looking a lot like Cedar Creek will be it. Got to find some alternate places since it will be a while for Roberts, Lewisville, and Grapevine to open.

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/11/15 05:17 AM

A couple of last questions on Cedar Creek... If I am coming in from Dallas, what would be good boat ramps? It looks like the West side will be the easiest to get to. Is one side better than the other? East? West? and... I'm guessing that mid lake to the dam is where I should be. Would that be accurate?
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/11/15 01:18 PM

Log cabin has a good ramp as well as the public ramp by the bridge before you cross over to Malakoff.
Posted By: Justin Shelton

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/11/15 09:14 PM

Cedar creek bite is on!
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Eagle Mountain, Bridgeport, or Cedar Creek?? - 06/12/15 03:15 AM

Bridgeport is still very muddy. Went up there since I was in the area and talked to a couple of guys. Visibility is very low and nothing biting. Still a couple of weeks away from clearing up I imagine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum