Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake

Posted By: Crank'n Jeff

Caddo Lake - 06/08/15 08:23 PM

Never fished Caddo, plan to go next week, Texas side. I know lake is way up and muddy, what types of baits should I be thinking about. Do you fish the main mid lake or go up into the big cypress bayou area, or does it matter. what about lodging. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Dont get out much but when I do hope to make the best memory I can.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/08/15 09:03 PM

Wait few weeks for water come down for the best fishing honestly. U can catch some but with the mud and water rising again it's gonna b tough. Then next week lake should fall again. Anything weightless right now will work. No waste time in river as its idle only do to being so high and muddy. Ur better off going pines. That's where they biting at

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 01:02 AM

thanks
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 01:04 AM

I was planning on going as well but i may pass on it.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 02:21 AM

I would listen to mudd. I was there today. Only fished about 2 hours and an hour or so last night but didn't get a bite. Water is pretty dirty. Threw frogs, senkos, buzz baits, spinnerbaits at trees and across vegetation. I thought I would at least catch a dink. It was frustrating.

Water is still up but down from other times I have been this year. It was hot and not a breath of wind in the air. Water seemed to be moving very slowly in the river. Must be the backup I read about in the red river.

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 03:14 AM

If any of Yall been down 220 then u will understand why Caddo is so bad. I know there was quite a few 20 plus pound sacks in the 2 day tournament but most had zero weight one day and hero next. But a lot also had a month of fishing 3-4 days week. Not worth drive. Here is pic of 220 and yes it's got 1.5ft water on it. River crested today so another 2 weeks before we c Caddo start dropping again

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 02:22 PM

thanks Mudd that certainly answered any questions or concerns.
Posted By: mikey6345

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 03:45 PM

Wow! I wish I knew where those guys were catching 20+ pounds this past weekend.

I have been on 10-12 trips out there in the last year and have always found some fish. This weekend was a kick to the nutz.

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/09/15 04:17 PM

You and me both and I know the guys! Lips r sealed on everyone
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/10/15 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: mudd
If any of Yall been down 220 then u will understand why Caddo is so bad. I know there was quite a few 20 plus pound sacks in the 2 day tournament but most had zero weight one day and hero next. But a lot also had a month of fishing 3-4 days week. Not worth drive. Here is pic of 220 and yes it's got 1.5ft water on it. River crested today so another 2 weeks before we c Caddo start dropping again

Is one side closed?

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/10/15 02:11 AM

Yes. Expect it b closed least through weekend. We just had a major gas line blow just north of this picture so it's hectic right now around there. Runs across river and water shooting 30ft plus in air

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/13/15 05:42 PM

;

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/13/15 07:46 PM

Lake is starting to drain again. Buddy fished past 2 days and stunk it up badly. Next weekend should b great
Posted By: Evan11

Re: Caddo Lake - 06/15/15 04:16 PM

Lake actually fished pretty good this past weekend. Had to fish a lot of water to find fish, but once you caught one others were around. Caught three in 6 casts with one being 23" long.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum