Texas Fishing Forum

HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS

Posted By: E-bright

HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 12:53 PM

So a bank fisherman just showed me this picture. Caught on the bank the guy said it weighed 14 but i dunno but its still a hog. Unfortunately he said the kid and his
father took it home. Breaks my heart
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:00 PM

Any other day of the year and that's an illegal catch. Gotta love no fishing license Saturday.
Posted By: The Netstretcher

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SpiderJig
Any other day of the year and that's an illegal catch. Gotta love no fishing license Saturday.

How do you know he isn't licensed?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:18 PM

Nice catch.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: The Netstretcher

How do you know he isn't licensed?

popcorn
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:35 PM

There has been a few pics posted lately that look like the fish are just really fat or still haven't spawned any one notice that ?
Posted By: 361V

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 01:47 PM

Posted By: Douglas J

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/07/15 02:07 PM

Nice catch and I hope you made fresh cut fries, homemade hush puppies and tarter sauce to go with your meal!

oh and cold beer food
Posted By: AWS

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:41 AM

Another one bites the dust.....
Posted By: Brent S

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:52 AM

Tail is still red.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:55 AM

Thats a big ole fish. I have my doubts about 14# but still a great fish.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:01 AM

Doubt it was 14 and who cares if he ate. Better than in a livewell all day then released to die after instagram pics....
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:10 AM

Good for them! Looks like an awesome father son moment... Looks close to 14 too
Posted By: 1FishinFool

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:23 AM

Isn't there a ban on eating fish from that lake?

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe

Not sure about 14, but the rest Amen thumb
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:26 AM

Almost as big as the kid
Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:06 AM

yeah there is a big time consumption advisory out there if memory serves. as long as that fish has been in there ... jeesh.

EDIT - that is MOUNTAIN creek has a consumption advisory. my bad.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:21 AM

Bass ceviche?
Posted By: K.D.

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:44 AM

i wonder if it was one of the Operation World Record bass? Lots of folks don't know Marine Creek was one of the lakes the fish were stocked in.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/marine_creek/

Last paragraph

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: K.D.
i wonder if it was one of the Operation World Record bass? Lots of folks don't know Marine Creek was one of the lakes the fish were stocked in.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/marine_creek/

Last paragraph

Shhhhhhhh! thumb
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:58 AM

Nice catch!! that's a memory this father and son will never forget and may be the reason that little boy gets hooked on fishing.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 03:04 AM

Great memory of a lifetime between father & son. It's their fish, I couldn't care less what they did with it. Congrats to them. cheers
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: cephusjoe
+1 will look great on the wall or the dinner plate
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 06:19 AM

It's good to see that someone caught a nice fish out there. That's about 13 pounds bigger than any of the fish I've caught there, if we're going with the reported weight if 14 pounds. I know a ten pounder was shocked up there last year.
Posted By: T54

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 07:17 AM

I've got no problem calling that fish 14. It's massive.
Posted By: Fishinkev

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 07:32 AM

There are some very derogatory people on here. I happen to walk that bank a couple times a week and have seen him there bass fishing a bunch. And he is licensed. He uses falcon rods and cronarchs. I'm pretty sure it's going on his wall. And guess what, I'm pretty sure some of yall would do the same thing, I would. I've watched him let every other bass he gas caught go. Yall are a bunch of profiler's and should be ashamed of your actions.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: 1FishinFool
Isn't there a ban on eating fish from that lake?

No
Posted By: 361V

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:05 PM

The only thing sad about this incident is that he didn't get the weight certified for a lake record before he ate it, mounted it, or whatever he did with HIS fish. Regardless of the weight that is a record fish. NICE!!
Posted By: buton

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:18 PM

very nice fish and something to remember for sure... i guess he is a regular on that lake and he might fished there thousands of times. it finally paid off with this huge fish...

i don't care what he did to the fish, marine creeks is not a lake that you get fish every 10 cast.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 12:56 PM

Man what a great fish!

Props to that dude and his kiddo.

Fish of a lifetime for sure.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:41 PM

Monstrous bass!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishinkev
There are some very derogatory people on here. I happen to walk that bank a couple times a week and have seen him there bass fishing a bunch. And he is licensed. He uses falcon rods and cronarchs. I'm pretty sure it's going on his wall. And guess what, I'm pretty sure some of yall would do the same thing, I would. I've watched him let every other bass he gas caught go. Yall are a bunch of profiler's and should be ashamed of your actions.

Alotta scumbags on here man. And the real kicker is, people like you and me will get punished for calling them out long before they get punished for being racists. I gave up a long time ago.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:00 PM

Big fish, not 14, but big
Posted By: E-bright

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:13 PM

They gentlemen who was telling me about it said they caught sand bass and bloodied them up so i think they were catfishing.
Posted By: Brad R

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 02:14 PM

I caught two little LMBs from the bank last week one early evening in about an hour of fishing.

TPWD mentions the dam and its rip rap as a good spot but I have never had any luck there though I certainly haven't worn it out. My catches from the bank have been down by the ski area where I can park and just walk down and cast.

I think I'll take the canoe out on a low wind early evening and motor over to the north and check out the other areas. So far, I have always stayed under the dam where the wind whistles overhead but the water is calm under it. Nice and wind-protected there, but the need to find fish trumps that.

*** The large fish "participating" in the sharelunker program were stocked in 2006 and these fish are tagged to monitor their growth rates. In a recent survey, I saw no mention of any statistics as to what is going on with them, whether they even brought some up to measure, that they have in fact survived. But, in general, the other LMBs in Marine Creek have experienced low growth rates.

I still think the issue is largely a paucity of bait fish for them to feed on.

I did finally see some bait fish cruising along the banks the last time out and that was actually a first for me.

Brad
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: texas_lunkers
They gentlemen who was telling me about it said they caught sand bass and bloodied them up so i think they were catfishing.

Pretty sure that illegal. Using a game fish for bait
Posted By: ColoradoAg

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Originally Posted By: texas_lunkers

Pretty sure that illegal. Using a game fish for bait

If that's how they caught it, that is definitely illegal.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: HUGE MARINE CREEK BASS - 06/08/15 05:32 PM

Absolutely gorgeous fish. Look at that big ol' eyeball.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum