Texas Fishing Forum

Monti, Bobby, and Cy

Posted By: Frank the Tank

Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 02:08 PM

Hey guys, if I am not mistaken, you can run Monti wide open South of the bridge, and idle only North of if it, right? But what about Bob Sandlin and Cypress Springs? Are they both run wide open down the middle and idle into the coves? Thx
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 05:51 PM

You can run Monti above the bridge to the power lines, stay on the right shoreline. Cypress wide open.
Sandlin,stay out of the middle(timber). I prefer running the shoreline across from the State Park.
Posted By: bossman

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 06:09 PM

Monticello, you can run wide open south of the bridge. North of the bridge is clear for about 200-250 yards. After that you will need to learn it.

Cypress you can run wide open on it.... They do have lake rules in which you can not run into coves wide open or with in XXX number of yards from the shore line. Not sure how close that is, just use common sense.

Bob sandlin..... You just better get with someone to learn that one. Some open spots, and some not so open now that the lake is full and barely covering them up
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 09:12 PM

Monti got me north of the bridge real good. Idled up on a stump in the last aluminum rig I had, put a pocket dent in the bottom of it and I stayed hung up for most of a morning........ Running south of the bridge no issues.....
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc
You can run Monti above the bridge to the power lines, stay on the right shoreline. Cypress wide open.
Sandlin,stay out of the middle(timber). I prefer running the shoreline across from the State Park.

On Sandlin - you are lucky if you have not hit any thing running either shore. There are open spots near the shore, but there are some forests as well. Right down the very middle IS where you want to stay.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 09:35 PM

watch out for the submerged bridge just a few seconds north of the monti bridge.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: senko9S
watch out for the submerged bridge just a few seconds north of the monti bridge.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/06/15 11:28 PM

its a lower unit killer. concrete.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: 361V

Love that picture
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 01:22 AM

On monti today when did they start generating water temp 91

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 04:03 AM

I measured 93
Posted By: DJB

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 02:48 PM

They started running 2 weeks ago and water is warming fast

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 02:52 PM

thanks for the advice guys thumb
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 02:54 PM

David,

that bridge is at least 15' under water unless you have found something I haven't??

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 06:42 PM

Middle is solid timber!

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 07:21 PM

I watched an episode of HH on Monti and Bill made the comment you can run the power line headed north up to the railroad bridge? Is that true? Go under the South bridge, run along the shore to the power line then run North with the power line to the railroad bridge? I learned to run Martin Creek by following a local, I'm thinking I should do the same at Monti.

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/07/15 08:58 PM

True
Posted By: HaulinBass02

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 02:31 AM

Does generating on Monticello affect the temps on Sandlin as well? I was there today and I had 84-86* water temps pretty much everywhere. And the bite was slow for a lot of people today.
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.

David,

that bridge is at least 15' under water unless you have found something I haven't??

That's what I was thinking.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: HaulinBass02
Does generating on Monticello affect the temps on Sandlin as well? I was there today and I had 84-86* water temps pretty much everywhere. And the bite was slow for a lot of people today.
No.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: 361V
Originally Posted By: HaulinBass02
No.

No affect on temps, just getting to be that time of year.

And the fishing Saturday was just tough on Sandlin for most guys..

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 03:40 PM

Just curious because it's honestly been a long time since I've been fishing heavily and put a whole lot of effort into it. What kind of temps in the summer does that lake get up to?
I was think 78-79 for the dead heat of summer is what I used to see on Ray Roberts and Bridgeport. I know each lake can be different, but I was thinking that mid-80s was pretty high considering we just now started getting hot around here.....

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 03:45 PM

Yeah the day wasn't the best for fishing anyhow but I was trying to find out how much temps would play into that, especially on Sandlin since it's my first time to fish it.
Posted By: Randy Harrell

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 09:34 PM

Sandlin was brutal for me Saturday. I fished a small club tourney out there. I had 2 keeper LMB and finished my limit on Kentuckys, and 2 of them weighed more than the LMB.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Monti, Bobby, and Cy - 06/08/15 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: forkduc

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum