Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Heads Up

Posted By: mudd

Caddo Heads Up - 06/05/15 04:24 PM

River has gotten bad enough to start back flowing over the spillway so lake will rise again. Idk what it will do to the fish but they have been biting ok
Posted By: Catfish676

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 02:33 PM

We fished last Sat in the rain. Caught 17 between 2 boats. Was a good but wet morning. Mudd, tell me what your theory is on why the lake will start to rise again?
Posted By: duckkillah

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 04:21 PM

"Backwater flooding will approach the pool height of Caddo Lake Dam near Mooringsport, Louisiana."
-from the NWS in Shreveport, LA

The Red River is flooding so badly that 12 Mile Bayou(downstream side of Caddo Lake's dam) is flowing over the dam and back into Caddo Lake.....

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 06:02 PM

This guy nailed it above. We have another lake just south of town been back flowing since Thursday
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 08:20 PM

This happen on the lakes around north Louisiana, I've seen this @ D'arbonne @ Farmersville, LA. and Cheniere Lake @ West Monroe have the Ouachita River back over them. Seems like Black Lake down @ Campti as well. The best pattern by far is fishing in people's yards with top waters, spinner baits, and buzz baits. I've even caught fish on the Ouachita in the back water fishing conditions similar to what you'd see in someone's yard. One of the best days I ever had on that river was fishing in a briar thicket in the shallows of a pecan orchard with a Tiny Torpedo.......In back water, a lot of times you can just shut the big motor down in a likely area and just listen for them blowing up on perch or shad and go to them..........and its ON!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 08:54 PM

Red River @ flood stage and backing up (reverse flow over spillway) back into Caddo?

Re: Caddo Heads Up - 06/06/15 09:55 PM

Correct. It's pretty bad here. Both sides river shut down.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum