Texas Fishing Forum

Carpet Cleaning?

Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:21 PM

I'm guessing it's been a topic a 1000 times but let's do it again! Best/Most effective way to clean your boat carpet? Thanks
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:31 PM

Have someone else do it!!
Posted By: Fish hunter 59

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: GeoFisher
Have someone else do it!!

banana agree but figured I'd save the money for gas!
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:39 PM

Man, that is an age old question. Every time I think about the most effective way to do it, I envision a chain and hook hanging off and old oak tree that I could lift the bow up to about 30-40 degrees and just start blasting it with high pressure. That is obviously not feasible for most of us, but I truly believe letting gravity go to work for you is the most effective way. It seems to me that all other ways are just inefficient in doing a COMPLETE job.
Posted By: TXBeerHunter

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:39 PM

I use a cup or two of vinegar and a gallon of water. Hose down the deck with a garden hose and a spray nozzle to get the loose dirt washed out, then dip a scrubbing brush in the water and scrub the whole deck down. Rinse with the hose again, and open all the boxes. Once they are dry if you put a little fabric softener in a spray bottle with water and mist them a little it'll keep the knap a little softer. Then I use the scrub brush again going against the grain to get the grain brushed standing back up.

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: GeoFisher
Man, that is an age old question. Every time I think about the most effective way to do it, I envision a chain and hook hanging off and old oak tree that I could lift the bow up to about 30-40 degrees and just start blasting it with high pressure. That is obviously not feasible for most of us, but I truly believe letting gravity go to work for you is the most effective way. It seems to me that all other ways are just inefficient in doing a COMPLETE job.

High pressure scares me as I don't want to loosen up the backing or heaven forbid cut a tear from the pressure, you'd have to use a pretty wide nozzle fitting on the pressure sprayer to make sure that didn't happen.

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 03:42 PM

If you have some bad stains you can try some of the auto carpet foam cleaners at WalMart to spot treat ahead of the above.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 04:19 PM

Warm soapy water and a brush. Rinse, done! Resolve or other type of carpet cleaner on individual stains. I have a medium bristle brush on a handle so you can wash all the carpet standing up. I'm hesitant to use a high pressure washer also.
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Carpet Cleaning? - 06/03/15 06:24 PM

Can of Tuff Stuff. Vacuum your carpet then I spray it on and brush it in and it looks like new
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum