Texas Fishing Forum

Medina Lake Fishing?

Posted By: saskeeter

Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/02/15 06:33 PM

I have not fished Medina in years. I am curious as to how it will fish after years of severe drought. Not expecting too much! Has anyone heard of any recent reports?
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/02/15 10:50 PM

I'm sure the small population of fish from the drought and now with this new water will make it pretty tough, but some reports I have read have been 1 or 2 dinks here and there.
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/03/15 12:07 AM

I will find out tomorrow and will report back.

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/04/15 05:14 PM

Bump

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/07/15 06:21 PM

Bump
Posted By: Rickmb

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/07/15 06:57 PM

My partner and I went out Wednesday evening. Spent some time cruising around
and looking at the conditions. Water slightly stained but really more tannic from the wood debris. Managed one small keeper that was fat and healthy.
At dusk we saw quite a bit of shad on the surface.
I saw one gar swimming by, very healthy looking.
I will fish it again next weekend and see where the fish went. I'm sure there are fish in there but we'll have to see how they spread out in the new lake. If it can hold water for a couple of years the fishing should be really good especially with some stockings.
I will be interested to see if any of the hybrids survived.

Re: Medina Lake Fishing? - 06/07/15 09:32 PM

Thanks for the report! That's about what I expected. I remember fishing was really good after the flood of 2003. I don't think the lake had gotten as low as it did this time though. I got my first boat almost at the exact time as the 2003 flood so I never saw the previous level.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum