Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard Bass

Posted By: RW Fred

Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 02:37 PM

I've been struggling the last couple weeks to get a bite. Any suggestions? I tried Rush Creek shallow last night but nothing. Conditions looked great, but not a bite. Water was not muddy, which was a surprise, but really never saw any activity either.

Stay shallow, try deeper? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
Posted By: bigbass1236

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 03:07 PM

Try the rocks on the bridge? I don't really know the lake well but usually can crank some up there.
Posted By: snickers

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 03:13 PM

If I were to guess for I have not been to RH in several months but I would think the fish were scattered with all the new water.
Posted By: DustyHartOutdoors

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 03:58 PM

The lake is full, go to the river! Those fish have not been touched in years!
Posted By: James Weir

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 04:36 PM

It's very difficult to get bit on hubbard when the dam gates are open. The fish are there but refuse to bite. The river is flowing hard right now and last I was up there 2 weeks ago the bite was even more tough.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 07:23 PM

Being off work I've been all over up north and have caught 1 bass , it all looks great but just not the population I used to see up there in the good times. I think the extended drought and being disconnected from the lake so long hurt the population. I made several Jon boat trips up there during the drought and always saw foot traffic and other Jon boats so it got fished heavily while the water was down.
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 09:45 PM

I fished Hubbard from dawn till noon today and caught 2 bass. Its really tough right now. I saw huge schools of shad on the screen everywhere I went...
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/02/15 10:46 PM

Fished the river yesterday...lots of gar. Don't bother going up if/when Lavon is dumping no trolling motor is made to position your boat in the current. I should have stayed mainlake. I don't think it'll recover this year. The meat eaters pretty much wiped it out from the banks over the drought.

Posted By: Ted Martin

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/08/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: John175 ®
Lavon is dumping no trolling motor is made to position your boat in the current.

I guess that whole "Zebra Mussel Containment Policy" is now out the window roflmao
Posted By: BassBucknBeer

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/08/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: John175 ®
when Lavon is dumping no trolling motor is made to position your boat in the current.

I bet my new ulterra would do pretty good in the current...?
Posted By: lakewood

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/09/15 03:25 AM

Lavon's are nearly closed.
475 CFS now.
Someone put this link up last week.
water release data
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/09/15 05:15 PM

I fished Saturday and caught a crappie on a craw, does that count. Other then that I worked on my sun tan.
Posted By: SNAKEBIT

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/09/15 08:01 PM

went Saturday for a few hours mainly to try out the new HDS 12 G3!!!!
caught ours on split shot watermelon red and sprayed grass flukes in 1-4 ft with flooded willows/grass,weeds.
Posted By: BassYakin

Re: Ray Hubbard Bass - 06/09/15 09:21 PM

Saw nothing but gar and carp north of the Shores golf course all day Saturday. I only caught one crappie, and that was by accident.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum