Texas Fishing Forum

Grande Bass -ooops

Posted By: Smurfs

Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 02:14 AM

They have been advertising Airtail's coming in May for sometime now, oops not so much. Now there apparently coming soon! I guess thats up to one's interpretation! bang
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:55 AM

What about the 10" megatail they posted pictures of a while back hammer
Posted By: GrandeBass1

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:55 AM

cheersWhen you are doing something that's never been done... sometimes it takes a few days longer. Wrapping up the molds/production & out sooner than later.
Posted By: ShamrockSmith

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 08:19 AM

So you put a rattle chamber in the tail is the part that's never been done?
Posted By: CajunPOG

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:36 AM

I don't think you made the video dramatic enough...
Posted By: J-BURN

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: GrandeBass1
cheersWhen you are doing something that's never been done... sometimes it takes a few days longer. Wrapping up the molds/production & out sooner than later.
http://www.grandebass.com/new-5-airtail-rattler-trailer-vid/

Jerry I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 12:31 PM

they will come out long before the lakes i might enjoy using them on re-open. i can't wait, however.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 12:31 PM

KVS, the design patent part. AirTail design coming out in a lot of different design models. Had to be perfect thus causing about a 2 week delay
Posted By: BackSeatBuddy

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 12:39 PM

Uh. rattle chamber in the tail has been done before. Its called a Hags Tornado, And last time I looked its been out for sometime now
Posted By: Beast From The East

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 01:16 PM

They've been talking about releasing the fat baby rattlesnakes since Christmas. bang
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 01:16 PM

Why that's too honest and straight forward explanation for the haters to understand, needs to be a conspiracy theory!
Good luck with the new products,I'll be looking for them.
Posted By: skins84

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 01:46 PM

Sounds like it will be similar to a Stanley Sidewinder, i'm curious to see the "new" version.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed Penton
Uh. rattle chamber in the tail has been done before. Its called a Hags Tornado, And last time I looked its been out for sometime now

Look at the link in the P&A section, you'll see what he's saying then. It don't look like a Hag bait.
It's new and improved from what was originally a rattle snake.
Some of you guys crack me up....LOL

http://www.grandebass.com/new-5-airtail-rattler-trailer-vid/

Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 02:33 PM

Looks like a mix between a rattlesnake, hags tornado and a big bite coon tail worm. I'll buy a few packs I'm sure.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 02:39 PM

Im looking forward to seeing and using the new baits.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:05 PM

Good Grief...Some of you guys
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Good Grief...Some of you guys

No joke. People will find anything to be negative about these days!

Jerry, can't wait to try these baits out. We need to talk soon!
Posted By: TIM CLINE

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Ed Penton

Air chambers and rattle chambers had been done long before the rattle snake! Mad Man lures had baits with rattle chambers, air frys, air claws. I believe even mister twister or manns had a worm with a rattle chamber at the base of the tail. So I am sure whatever Grande Bass is going to try and patent is different than just a air pocket or rattle chamber. The bait looks good!
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:39 PM

Not to mention the riverside slingshot.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 03:56 PM

KVS, the design patent part. AirTail design coming out in a lot of different design models. Had to be perfect thus causing about a 2 week delay

Less talky more poury where's the 10" megatail!
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:05 PM

Good to see you on here again Jerry. keep up the great work with the awesome products. I still remember the first ones and getting them in academy

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BigJohn
Good to see you on here again Jerry. keep up the great work with the awesome products. I still remember the first ones and getting them in academy

Academy keeping us extremely busy...
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: skins84
Sounds like it will be similar to a Stanley Sidewinder, i'm curious to see the "new" version.

Looks a lot like it too. I can't wait personally, I know Grande Bass makes good stuff. Why do you guys care if its a week or two late anyway, no one can fish right now.
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:17 PM

Good looking bait. Caught fish on a rattlesnake this weekend, cant wait for.the new bait.
Posted By: BigJohn

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:21 PM

Im glad they are. I have moved on from them a few years back and now working for a few fishing companies. Glad to see you guys doing so well and keeping up the good work.
Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:40 PM

Does anyone know who I can get a hold of at grandebass I'm looking at getting some of there stuff but Im in Canada and no one carries it up here! Sorry to hijack the post
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:43 PM

GrandeBass1 on here. He's the owner.
Posted By: PapaChops'RodandReelRepair

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 05:45 PM

Sitting here with my fingers crossed that I get this bait in Bama Bug sometime soon. With the exception of Yamamoto Senkos, Grandebass produces a style of bait for everyone of my needs. I agree with the above statement too, cant wait for a 10+" Megatail, but I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on these Air Tails too! Great Job Grandebass, way to keep this customer glued to what you're producing!
Posted By: CTA

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 06:35 PM

Nice looking bait.

Please bring back the white Mutant...pretty please!
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 06:47 PM

Never liked fishing a worm until Lance Vick had us throwing a Snake'O weightless. I don't recall how many we caught... but I now throw a Snake'O. GB craws a great too. Looking forward to seeing the airtail.
Posted By: JTB

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 07:11 PM

Jerry who is going to be carrying them when they do come out? What colors are going to be available
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Ryan Somerville
Does anyone know who I can get a hold of at grandebass I'm looking at getting some of there stuff but Im in Canada and no one carries it up here! Sorry to hijack the post

Ryan do a search on All Pro Tackle and Fun&Sun, both are here in the mid cities between Dallas and FortWorth. Those two have a nice selection of GB baits... And they will ship them to you..
Posted By: Kevin Bryant

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Ryan do a search on All Pro Tackle and Fun&Sun, both are here in the mid cities between Dallas and FortWorth. Those two have a nice selection of GB baits... And they will ship them to you..

*Angler's Pro Tackle

Both great tackle shops. There are plenty of places online that you can have some GB baits shipped to you through.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 08:23 PM

Academy Sports online
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 09:47 PM

This almost makes me miss the years of the bait wars. Great times?
Posted By: JoeFriday

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 10:39 PM

Not sure what happened, but the GrandeBass footprint in the Flower Mound store really shrank. Bass Assassin came in and took away Grande shelf space.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:03 PM

TW, APT, LBF if you are a dealer store - Pitman Creek Wholesale supplies Canada & has our complete line

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: JoeFriday

Not sure what happened, but the GrandeBass footprint in the Flower Mound store really shrank. Bass Assassin came in and took away Grande shelf space.

Some stores have 70+ pegs to 20+ pegs of GrandeBass and some stores none.. Each store is different. We just make it in Texas and ship it per the orders.
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:25 PM

How about designing some new packaging for the Mutants?? Everytime, I buy them...they are bent up so bad that I can't even use them. That is frustrating after you spent $$$$ on them.
Posted By: MV

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:26 PM

Ok Jerry I'll be the first to sign up for the free give away. smile

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/02/15 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Fast Lane

How about designing some new packaging for the Mutants?? Everytime, I buy them...they are bent up so bad that I can't even use them. That is frustrating after you spent $$$$ on them.

I have never heard that before. Send picks or post. We take great care in that packaging. 4 one way and 4 the opposite way. Like to see picks if you can
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/03/15 12:03 AM

Looks like a winner! Love the video too. At first I thought I was watching a trailer to The Rock's new movie!!

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/03/15 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken A.
Looks like a winner! Love the video too. At first I thought I was watching a trailer to The Rock's new movie!!

smile I like it Addington. Everyone loves Rocky and the new bait is a knockout

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/03/15 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
GrandeBass1 on here. He's the owner.

Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/03/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSkeeter

Thanks red Skeeter and jerry for the help!
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/03/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: JoeFriday

Lewisville has plenty in the new packaging and some old packaging left. Some marked $1.48 a bag. Its stocked in 2 different areas which is strange.
Posted By: Shawn Mead

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/04/15 03:27 AM

Some of the stores got an additional end cap as well as shelf space. I got a few of the air tails and it will be a staple and always on deck.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 02:42 AM

I have never heard that before. Send picks or post. We take great care in that packaging. 4 one way and 4 the opposite way. Like to see picks if you can

Right out of the package at Academy this evening. Every package has twisted and bent up Mutants. I have several bags in the boat that are unusable.
Posted By: 90 5.0

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 03:37 AM

i'm definitely gonna try some air tails, i've been sticking a glass rattle in the butt of senko's for a long time. And it's a pain to get them in right...
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 12:15 PM

I answered my own question, or had it answered for me.

I bought a load of these rattlesnakes in various sizes and colors a few weeks ago, frustrated by my lack of understanding of how to rig them properly, so I was going to ask what the secret was to "skin hooking" them at the end of the procedure. Then, I saw the video on the website showing how one follows the typical Texas Rig steps but instead of penetrating the bait the second time in the middle of the worm body (very thin there), you just penetrate some of the rings along the side and over the top.

They call it a "Snake Skin" technique. New to me but very helpful. I'll try it tomorrow!

Brad
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 12:58 PM

Try dipping the bait in boiling water for a couple of seconds to see if it will straighten out. Be careful not to burn yourself or boil the bait too much.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 02:20 PM

@Fast Lane.........

You do know that just cause the tails are shaped a little different from the packaging that they will still catch fish right?

It is the same with Flukes from Zoom, Ive had tons that the tail is almost 90 degrees due to packaging, but they still catch fish, and almost straighten their self out after a few cast.
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 02:52 PM

The hot water trick does work, specially when its colder outside. Otherwise I just lay them in direct sunlight and they perk right back up.

Little trick - by placing in direct sunlight, it will soften the baits a tad and release more of the Mega3 scent.
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 04:53 PM

I would much rather buy baits that are right.

As a person who lives and breathes manufacturing - taking time to do it right is never a bad thing.

Thanks for the innovation that is Grande Bass.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: krawlin 47
I would much rather buy baits that are right.

As a person who lives and breathes manufacturing - taking time to do it right is never a bad thing.

Thanks for the innovation that is Grande Bass.

Mind your own business Ken! banana

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 06:04 PM

Like I stated that is the first time I have heard that in 10 years since the product has been out. But if you have an issue or product defect, take pics and send to the company email and we will address and make any issues right.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: 90 5.0
i'm definitely gonna try some air tails, i've been sticking a glass rattle in the butt of senko's for a long time. And it's a pain to get them in right...

smile

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 10:24 PM

Like I stated that is the first time I have heard that in 10 years since the product has been out. But if you have an issue or product defect, take pics and send to the company email and we will address and make any issues right.

Like I stated: That is nonsense. They are like that in every store I go to buy them. Every package at Academy in Tyler they are bent up like that. I took a picture at Academy and posted it. You said post a pic and there it is above. I have got a 2.5 Gallon Zip lock bag full of them in the boat and in every package there maybe 2 baits that are not bent all to hell. I don't get baits for free, not on a Pro-staff.. I pay full price for mine. I shouldn't have to boil them to straighten them out after paying $5 a package for them. The packaging should be designed so the tail section of body isn't bent 90 degree's from where they are suppose to be. I also ordered some from http://www.landbigfish.com/Grande-Bass/Grande-Bass-Mutant.cfm and returned every package because they were bent every direction.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
@Fast Lane.........

You do know that just cause the tails are shaped a little different from the packaging that they will still catch fish right?

It is the same with Flukes from Zoom, Ive had tons that the tail is almost 90 degrees due to packaging, but they still catch fish, and almost straighten their self out after a few cast.

@ Sinkey They don't straighten out after a few cast. That is nonsense. Zoom needs to address their issue with Flukes too. It's called QUALITY CONTROL. The tails are turned 90 DEGREE's from center.. come on man...

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: PapaChops'RodandReelRepair
Sitting here with my fingers crossed that I get this bait in Bama Bug sometime soon. With the exception of Yamamoto Senkos, Grandebass produces a style of bait for everyone of my needs. I agree with the above statement too, cant wait for a 10+" Megatail, but I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on these Air Tails too! Great Job Grandebass, way to keep this customer glued to what you're producing!

Sitting here with my fingers crossed that I can find some that are not bent up like Pretzel.
Posted By: hookedon

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 11:32 PM

Like I stated: That is nonsense. They are like that in every store I go to buy them. Every package at Academy in Tyler they are bent up like that. I took a picture at Academy and posted it. You said post a pic and there it is above. I have got a 2.5 Gallon Zip lock bag full of them in the boat and in every package there maybe 2 baits that are not bent all to hell. I don't get baits for free, not on a Pro-staff.. I pay full price for mine. I shouldn't have to boil them to straighten them out after paying $5 a package for them. The packaging should be designed so the tail section of body isn't bent 90 degree's from where they are suppose to be. I also ordered some from http://www.landbigfish.com/Grande-Bass/Grande-Bass-Mutant.cfm and returned every package because they were bent every direction.

Why do you think you have to get in on every subject and be a smart [censored] and disrespect everyone you come across? Give the man the credit he deserves he said he would make it right. Why don't you do what he asked and you may get them replaced instead of repeatedly bashing him on here. Me personally I seen nothing wrong with the one you held up that would not straighten up as others said. You just like to instigate too much is all. Show me any bait that does not get turned around in packaging. smirk
Posted By: 361V

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 11:48 PM

[/quote]. I have got a 2.5 Gallon Zip lock bag full of them in the boat and in every package there maybe 2 baits that are not bent all to hell. [/quote]Are you not a little embarrassed to let everyone know you keep buying loads of the same crappy lure?
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 11:53 PM

He's just a angry lonely person. All his posts are negative

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 11:56 PM

Like I said, you're the first. I want to see 2.5 gallons of pretzel Mutants. I think everyone else here does too. We check packaging all the time especially the bulky products. Checked several packs today that have been bagged for over 3 months and all was good. Every Mutant arm may not be exactly like the other but pretzel? Per your post you have bought a lot of the Mutants, I just want you to post the issue pics or send them to the company email and I'll personally make it right if need be.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/05/15 11:58 PM

I don't understand trying to make Fast Lane look like the bad guy. I'm the same way, if I buy a pack of baits I expect them to be straight like they are meant to be. And I bet most guys are the same way. Its pretty dang irritating to pull a bait out of bag and see that its crooked or something else wrong with it.
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 12:07 AM

I've never heard a fat girl complain about a worm with a little bend in it!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing new baits at a Academy.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 12:15 AM

I want to know what method you use to keep every soft plastic that you throw straight while working it through the water. If you're that butt hurt about perfection, perhaps you should have went a different route after a quart of "bad" baits, much less 2.5 gallons. roflmao

How much you want for the 2.5 gallon bag of unusable baits? Bunch of high school teams that would love to have them.

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: hookedon

Why do you think you have to get in on every subject and be a smart [censored] and disrespect everyone you come across? Give the man the credit he deserves he said he would make it right. Why don't you do what he asked and you may get them replaced instead of repeatedly bashing him on here. Me personally I seen nothing wrong with the one you held up that would not straighten up as others said. You just like to instigate too much is all. Show me any bait that does not get turned around in packaging. smirk

I don't need your God damn permission to say anything. You got that? If you have a problem with me feel free to say something to me personally face to face;) I posted a picture of one straight out of the package at Academy that is bent all to hell and the man is going to tell me that in 10 years that is the first that he has heard of them being bent???? That is B ULLSHIT! He ask me to post a picture of the deformed baits and that is what I did. You don't see anything wrong with it the bait in the picture???...then you must be stupid if you cant see the tail section of the bait is twisted 90 degree's from the upper section of the bait. I shouldn't have to boil them to straighten them out. The packaging should be designed so they don't get deformed. If Strike King can do it then he can too.

I will personally meet you smart asses over at Academy in Tyler and we can look at how straight the Grande Bass [censored] is straight off the shelf. It is bent all to hell. Their quality control sucks [censored].
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 06:59 PM

easy old man. why do you keep buying them then?

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: soonersorlaters

I want to know what method you use to keep every soft plastic that you throw straight while working it through the water. If you're that butt hurt about perfection, perhaps you should have went a different route after a quart of "bad" baits, much less 2.5 gallons. roflmao

How much you want for the 2.5 gallon bag of unusable baits? Bunch of high school teams that would love to have them.

I never asked about a high school team and could care less about a high school team. So STFU.... go post on the high school thread...
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:07 PM

My bad, I posted the original comment about airtails, I had no idea it would go like this. I would delete it, but it won't let me, I'm sure an Administrator will after the last few post!

P.S. I'm getting help for my passive aggressiveness!
bang
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:14 PM

somebody get rid of this guy

MODS AXE THE TROLL

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:16 PM

I wont be buying anymore.... They have such great customer service and quality control... What he should have done was try to make it right after I posted the picture of the bait that HE ASKED ME TO post. After I posted it, all the sudden he hasn't seen or heard of a problem with them in 10 years. That is BS. Every package of those baits at Academy in Tyler are bent like that. I went through every package trying to find one that wasn't. The picture I posted was taken at Academy when I was looking through them. Every place that I have tried to buy them, its is the same result when you open the bag. A bunch of bent up useless junk. Who in the right mind wants to buy them and then go home and boil them just to make them look like they are suppose too? I know all of you like to kiss his [censored] but that isn't my problem. Y'all keep kissing [censored] and you will get the same bent up baits instead of him improving his quality control. I tried to be nice about it and suggest he redesign his packaging, but when he got stuck on saying "send me pictures" and he "hasn't heard a complaint on them in 10 years"... Everybody knows that is [censored]. 10 years and nobody has ever complained... That is nonsense.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:20 PM

coach
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:21 PM

Tyler... chill

Re: Grande Bass -ooops - 06/06/15 07:24 PM

Sure you can delete it. You have to post positive comments about Grandebass on here or it gets deleted. All I did was tell the truth and backed it up with pictures. Don't ask people to post pictures if you don't want to see the truth. I will let y'all get back to posting about Honey Hole, What's the best Carolina Rig Rod?, What's the best Drop Shot Rig Rod? and what is the best Alabama rig rod over and over.......and all that BS....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum