Texas Fishing Forum

Twak Bass Champs

Posted By: IIIMag

Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 12:08 AM

How many boats will be fishing this tournament?
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 12:16 AM

I month ago I would have said 250+

After the last couple of weekends of practice, I thinking 150-190.

Think a lot of people would rather save their money and pride.
Posted By: jcatch7

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 12:41 AM

I think around 150-180. I fished for 2 days and made enough cast to catch something. I did catch a 20 pound yellow cat on a crankbait. I caught plenty of white bass and hybrids too. Only caught 1 largemouth all weekend.. See you all Saturday. Whoever catches them are sticks or just plain lucky, but that is every tournament.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 12:46 AM

$20k plus on the line! I fished twice out there in last week. It was terrible! But I am ready to fish it. Sometimes not a bad thing having a tough practice. Just awhile back I was so confident in a tournament to win and night before storm rolled end and could not catch a limit next day. Just go fishing! I am sure they will have over 200 boats because they are the best trail around!
Posted By: Andy W

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 01:27 AM

Let's just hope a week of sun will turn this lake around. Lake has been horrible to say the least. Its very tempting to go fish a honey hole lake but I'll be swing for the fences on twak.
Posted By: D-Mert

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:11 AM

I'm not fishing the tournament but me and my fiance were out there Sunday when the wind was supposed to be calm. Drove an hour and a half and it was the absolute opposite of calm! In 4 hours we boated 2 fish with a total weight of 5 pounds and we only fished the Cove where we launched from because the water was just too rough for my liking to travel the main lake.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:14 AM

I haven't been to that lake in years but used to be when it was flooded it was the best lake I ever fished with a floating worm or lizard weightless in water about 6 inches deep. Always amazed me that fish would be that shallow but they always were. The old flip tail floating lizards were the bomb for this.
God luck guys
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: D-Mert
I'm not fishing the tournament but me and my fiance were out there Sunday when the wind was supposed to be calm. Drove an hour and a half and it was the absolute opposite of calm! In 4 hours we boated 2 fish with a total weight of 5 pounds and we only fished the Cove where we launched from because the water was just too rough for my liking to travel the main lake.

Heck if you caught 5 pounds in 4 hours yesterday you wore 'em out...and I'm not kidding!
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SRitchey
Originally Posted By: D-Mert

Heck if you caught 5 pounds in 4 hours yesterday you wore 'em out...and I'm not kidding!

That ain't no joke! Hey I'm needing a partner, what are you doing Saturday? LOL
For real though they moved my post to the partner finder section, got an open back seat if anyone's interested.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 11:45 AM

Danny; PM sent
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 01:08 PM

Some one will find them they always do
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: jcatch7
I think around 150-180. I fished for 2 days and made enough cast to catch something. I did catch a 20 pound yellow cat on a crankbait. I caught plenty of white bass and hybrids too. Only caught 1 largemouth all weekend.. See you all Saturday. Whoever catches them are sticks or just plain lucky, but that is every tournament.

We had our club tourney out there last month and I put in four days on the water. Two days pre-fishing and then the Sat and Sun tourney. I didn't catch one largemouth! It was humbling to say the least. I caught a cat and plenty of sandies / hybrids but not one green one. My partner caught one on Sunday up in the willows.

I went home questioning everything.....

Best of luck to you guys.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:13 PM

Someone has to win. I bet a few good bags get caught no matter the conditions.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: JacksonBean
Originally Posted By: jcatch7

We had our club tourney out there last month and I put in four days on the water. Two days pre-fishing and then the Sat and Sun tourney. I didn't catch one largemouth! It was humbling to say the least. I caught a cat and plenty of sandies / hybrids but not one green one. My partner caught one on Sunday up in the willows.

I went home questioning everything.....

Best of luck to you guys.

I was out there a week ago and blanked as well. I couldn't believe how bad it was.
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 04:01 PM

Water is 1.50 feet high and coming down, maybe it will be level by Saturday and stable for the fish to start feeding.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Someone has to win. I bet a few good bags get caught no matter the conditions.

the guys that are on fish rarely talk about it on the internet!
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 05:37 PM

The guys that are "on em" during practice are always talking about it....
Posted By: Fishman_DAN

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 07:12 PM

I bet there are a few shallow....lol.
Posted By: Dax Davis

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/02/15 07:54 PM

I bet I will be drinking beer early that day!
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/03/15 01:45 AM

Boy there is a lot of.b s on here let the games begin lol
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/03/15 06:19 PM

I bet there are a few in the old vegetation line off the ends of main points...
Fished out there from 1:30-5pm yesterday (not fishing champs). One bite and fished a lot of different water

Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/03/15 06:32 PM

Yep, two of those will get you a check. grin

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/03/15 08:18 PM

How many white swim jigs & white trailers will be sold/purchased in BPS & Academy in the next 3 days ?

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/03/15 08:27 PM

In 2013 it took 14.7 for a 3 fish stringer. BC didn't fish it in 2014 due to water level.
In 2013 -- 150 teams fished / 67 had 3 fish limits ..... this is better than the average Bass Champs Tournament stat this year.
Tawakoni I not that tough to fish.
I would think it will take 18.66 to win,,,,,oh wait,,,that is what I guessed for the Costas.

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/04/15 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
How many white swim jigs & white trailers will be sold/purchased in BPS & Academy in the next 3 days ?

That's a Santone 1/2 oz flipping jig in White Ice. Great color they custom made for me, that is now in the lineup.

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/04/15 12:40 AM

Somebody will have 25 pounds

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/04/15 01:27 AM

if it had a black trailer it would match your shoes cheers
roflmao
Posted By: jcatch7

Re: Twak Bass Champs - 06/04/15 02:15 AM

Man this is getting good. I am in Virginia this week for work and flying back Friday morning.

Man I feel like I can get lucky. Or we might have sandbaggers this weekend on tawakoni. ( no pun intended )
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum