Texas Fishing Forum

Lodging recommendation for Fork

Posted By: tyingknots

Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 04:45 PM

Can I get some lodging recommendations for Fork please? Would like to stay as close as possible to lake. Trying to book for September the week before sealy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I tried calling lake fork resort but I guess it went to a call center somewhere out of country.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 05:45 PM

I'd recommend Oak Ridge Marina- on the east side of the lake right before the bridge. It has nice rooms, a well stocked tackle store, good boat ramp, and Best yet- an Awesum restaurant to eat b-fast, lunch, or supper!!

their # off facebook
903-878-2529
Posted By: Texasfishing11

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 05:56 PM

The nicest waterfront cabins are at Pope's Landing. Their cabins are right on the water and with the lake up, you can fish off the porches lol. www.popeslanding.com
Posted By: CNewton1372

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 06:07 PM

Hook Line and Sinker. (817) 821-9003
Posted By: RickS

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 06:16 PM

I liked lake fork marina. I just got a motel room, but I know they have different options too.
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 06:31 PM

The Burning Stump is a nice place with covered parking for your boat.
Posted By: TXBeerHunter

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 521 ranger
The Burning Stump is a nice place with covered parking for your boat.

Agree, reasonable price, clean rooms, and the covered parking for your boat in September will probably make it well worth it.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 07:24 PM

I like Oak Ridge, for me best food on lake. Great tackle shop.
after that Popes and LFM are also on the water, with good accomadations.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 07:33 PM

Hard to be much better than Popes. if you get their cabins you wont complain a bit. Super nice, easy lauch boat ramp and marina.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 07:45 PM

Hook Line and Sinker on East side of lake. Friendly owners. Clean. Private ramp. Easy access to bait shops and restaurants.
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 08:03 PM

Popes is quieter than the others, it get's a little loud off Hwy 154. thumb
Posted By: DNewt

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 09:13 PM

Corry's guest house is a great option.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 09:29 PM

LFM books up for McD's a year in advance. The only hope to get a room there is if they have a cancellation. Oak Ridge is nice as is Burnin Stump. Haven't stayed at Pope's in a hunnerd years but they should be good too. Good luck finding a room. If you can't find a place on the water the Bets Western in Emory is pretty nice.

Posted By: tyingknots

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/01/15 11:25 PM

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I'm gonna give burning stump a
Shout.
Posted By: JJHunts

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/02/15 02:27 AM

Try the bigmouth lodge. Great cabins, boat ramp in must and wait best yet, great people that will go 100 miles out of their way for you!!! Scenic 155 cabins has covered parking cleans little cabins and are fantastic as well. Everyone here has gave you great tips, these are just where I spend my$$.
Posted By: bbexotics

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/02/15 02:37 AM

If you want the best 2. Here they are,Lake fork resort,quiet,beautiful scenery clean rooms next to Popes,second LFM,where everything is happening,great tackle store,and has restaurant
Posted By: BentTreeMotel

Re: Lodging recommendation for Fork - 06/02/15 01:46 PM

If you are not able to find something close to the water than we would love to have you here at Bent Tree Motel. You can look us up on Facebook. We are not your traditional motel. We look more like duplexes. We have started to upgrade our rooms and we also have upstairs Jacuzzi suites.Our on site management loves to fish so we don't charge for boats and we have many sponsored fisherman like Skeeter Joe that stay with us for every tournament. We are booking fast for McDonald.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum