Texas Fishing Forum

Best Way to Med Plastics

Posted By: Jigfish

Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 11:46 AM

Buying some swim baits. What is the best way to repair the holes from hooks.
Posted By: ChuChu1

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 12:00 PM

Worm Welder or super glue
Posted By: TanHner36

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 12:09 PM

I've heard that Mend-It plastic glue on tackle warehouse works really well but I've never used it.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 12:36 PM

Mend-It
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 01:03 PM

ordered some med-it
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 03:13 PM

Mend it works really well, I use on swimbaits frequently.
Posted By: TBassYates

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/01/15 09:26 PM

Tom,
I used to have a small tool that I bought that was made just for this and ran off of batteries kind of like a small soldering iron. I used it all of the time. One of the biggest bass I ever caught in a tournament was caught on a floating worm that I had repaired 3 times back in the day when the Fliptail Lizards were not being made. I still have a plastic bag with about 100 CrawTubes I need to fix now that I am doing a little more fishing these days. Added a few more after fishing Cedar Creek yesterday. I will look and see if I can find it but it was pretty easy to plug up holes and repair tears. It also gave a kind of funky neat look to some colors of baits. If I find it I will let you know and you are welcome to it.
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/02/15 01:58 AM

Oatey 31013 PVC cement. It has a tendency to gel after several uses, but if you cut the dauber off and pour small amounts out of the can rather than dipping a brush repeatedly into the can when applying it, this is minimized.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Best Way to Med Plastics - 06/02/15 02:01 AM

Mend It is awesome as is the Spike It brand soft plastic glue. Both work well on hollow body frogs too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum